Way back in April, Camden and I purchased a segway
tour for Laura’s birthday on groupon.
We decided to wait until summer to redeem so the weather would be good
and I would have the girls home to babysit, but summer was so busy we couldn’t
get it coordinated. Then we got
the sad news that Laura would be moving to Texas in October so we booked the
tour for Tuesday, September 22 and I got a nanny through Justin’s work for the
day.
We stopped along the water for a quick selfie but
didn’t stay long as it was pretty fishy.
We each had a short one-on-one instruction with our
guide.
And then we were on our own.
Navigating the segway didn’t necessarily come
naturally for us. Camden and I
struggled a bit on our way down our first hill (and the steepest of the day)
and I panicked and ended up veering off the road and jumping ship. After that I got the hang of it and
didn’t have any further incidents – can’t say the same about Camden who ran
into a car near the end of the tour.
Thankfully, our guide was awesome.
He was super interesting and fun.
We couldn’t have picked a more perfect fall day to
play tourists and I was surprised how interesting West Seattle was.
We disembarked at Hamilton Viewpoint Park which offered
beautiful panoramic views of the Seattle skyline.
It was amazing. So, so fun! I
think a segway tour would be the perfect way to sightsee any new city. I’m hooked!
These two girls are two of my favorites – when I
posted this picture on Instagram I hashtaged it #texasgivethandtexastaketh -
Camden moved here from Texas a few years ago and somehow our paths aligned last
summer (she lives on the other side of the parkway so she’s in a different
ward) and she ran with me this past year while I trained for my half
marathon. Unfortunately, she broke
her foot in August and now teaches early morning seminary so we haven’t run
together since July. I’m surprised
how much I miss those early morning runs and chats. And Laura is the “yellow” I never knew this “red”
needed. We couldn’t be more
opposite, but she’s brought so much fun and adventure into my life these past
two years and will be SO missed.







1 comment:
Looks fun! And it does kind of suck when good friends move away :-(
Post a Comment