I’ve really enjoyed reading these lists from others and thought I’d break out of my shell (see #44) and make a list of my own. It was actually a lot of fun so if you haven’t made your list, give it a try.
- I HATE being hot – making Seattle an ideal place to live
- I can’t swim yet I’m a certified scuba diver
- I’ve touched a shark… actually the shark touched me
- I’ve been going gray since high school (thanks mom)
- I can’t dance
- I’ve been saving the proof of purchase from Kraft macaroni and cheese since I was a child (in my defense it started because you could send them in for cool free stuff, now it’s just a habit)
- I love to scrapbook
- I’m not a kid person (except my own of course)
- The summer before my senior year of high school I was a nanny to five children, (including two year old twins, and a baby) every day, eleven hours each day… probably resulting in my not being a kid person
- We collect the annual Swarovski Christmas snowflakes (the only year we are missing is 1999 – the year we were married)
- I dread straightening/blow drying my hair
- I have three amazing children
- My favorite subject was math, least favorite history
- I love clean, unwrinkled sheets
- I love to sleep in and need at least eight hours of sleep each day
- I am not a morning person – don’t call me before 9 am
- I am allergic to exercise – honestly, Google it... it’s true
- I need dessert every day, usually something chocolate
- My favorite job was working at McDonald’s in high school
- I’m not very patient
- I am a very frugal person
- I can tell you exactly how much we’ve spent on anything for the past eight years – not a dollar goes unaccounted for
- I have a degree in accounting
- I don’t drink water unless I’m at a restaurant, I’m a milk girl
- I have a short memory
- I use bag balm everyday (I think this is my Dad’s doing)
- I’ve never had a massage – although I’d love to indulge in a day at a swanky spa (hint, hint)
- I am usually on time, even with 3 kids I still get to church, on my own, at least ten minutes early – and we have the 9 am time
- I expect a lot from my kids (and my husband)
- I love to eat out
- I don’t like cooking (baking is another story)
- I have a very low tolerance for pain
- I strongly believe in epidurals and any other means of pain relief
- I sort my M&M’s by color, and then eat them in order, making sure to keep them all in balance (also applies to skittles, smarties, etc…)
- I walk quickly
- My knees make a squeaking/crackling sound every time I go down the stairs
- I have a really hard time making decisions
- I don’t eat fish or meat (only occasionally chicken or turkey)
- I love watching movies
- I never fall asleep while watching TV or a movie
- I have a hard time falling asleep in general
- I can’t imagine life without our DVR – commercial free is the best!
- I love the founder’s favorite at Cold Stone (sweet cream ice-cream, fudge, caramel, pecans, and brownie) Yummy!
- I’m a private person
- I enjoy spending an entire day at home
- My favorite music is still 80’s rock (favorites include: Def Leppard, Poison, and Bon Jovi
- I love to travel
- I’ve been to 17 countries
- I get cold sores if I get too stressed out or don’t use bag balm (see #26)
- I’ve never mowed the lawn
- I’ve lived in Utah, Idaho, and Washington
- I’ve left an unstylish, broken, homemade clock on my mantel for well over a year... will someone please come throw that thing away?
- I return a lot of what I purchase (results from #21 and #37)
- I love watching HGTV
- I have a bright red washer and dryer – the amount of stress this purchase caused me was ridiculous
- I’m not good at decorating (I have fake trees, a toilet rug, and vertical blinds!) Oh, and you can’t forget #52
- I’m still in search of a great pair of jeans
- I had lasik surgery over 2 years ago – worth every cent!
- I’m a city girl
- I love playing games (unless they are made to humiliate you – in that case I enjoy watching games)
- I’m horrible at spelling
- I’m a fabulous secret keeper
- I hate giving talks
- I love have a night out with the girls
- I don’t like road trips, I’d much rather fly
- My nickname growing up was “hippo” – thankfully I wasn’t overweight
- I’ve been married for 8 ½ years
- I eat a lot of Top Ramen and peanut butter Captain Crunch when I’m pregnant – they seem to stay down the best
- I love driving a stick shift
- I am dependable
- I love my back yard
- I have scoliosis
- I joined a book club a few years ago – it’s forced me to finally start to enjoy reading
- Favorite Chinese: P.F. Changs
- Favorite Mexican: Chevy’s
- Favorite Steakhouse: Outback (gotta get the cheesy fries)
- Favorite Italian: Macaroni Grill
- Favorite Fast Food: Taco Bell – cheesy bean and rice burritos
- In junior high I was called “poodle bangs” – you can imagine why
- Never got lower than an A- in college until I married Justin
- Worked as a tax accountant for a year and a half before motherhood
- I love being a mom
- I don’t like shopping at yard sales
- I find shopping in huge discount stores like Burlington Coat Factory or Nordstrom Rack completely overwhelming
- I am a coupon queen
- I don’t know how to play to football
- I haven’t ridden a bike for a least 10 years
- I am learning how to knit
- I lived in the same house my entire childhood (since age one)
- I was married in the Salt Lake City Temple
- I don’t like long meetings
- I love getting Christmas cards, especially if it includes a family letter
- One of my biggest pet peeves – nail biting (who could possible do this?)
- I don’t like leaving my windows open
- My house is usually a disaster zone
- I love orange juice
- I don’t have a middle name
- I am very independent
- I love traditions, although we haven’t started many of our own
- I don’t like being scared – no scary movies, haunted houses, or crime shows on TV
5 comments:
I'm so glad you did this Holly. It is fun to read. A lot of things I knew, some I didn't. Top Ramen and Peanut butter captin crunch.... yuk!
I've got to hear more about this shark that touched you, sounds scary and now according to #100, I know that you hate being scared. :)
That was really fun to read! Learned lots of new info. about you. Did not know you had scholiosis(?).
I am going to Def Leopard on Sept. 26th if you want to come. I know you weren't sure with the baby.
Holly - It was fun to read through your list, comparing and contrasting. Some similarities (private personality and the need for sleep) and some great differences (I have only been to 3 countries - all on this continent :)). Thanks for sharing!
Holly,
It sounds like we have a lot of things in common. I loved your list. I have to say that I am a nail biter though, I am sorry for that and will try not to do it in front of you(although it is a subconscious thing). I find it is a nervous habit. Anyway I am so glad that you are in the book club and would have never guessed that you didn't like reading before.
Loved your 100! You crack me up!
Post a Comment