During a conversation with some friends yesterday we were discussing paint colors and one friend expressed that she’s a cool colored person. She pointed out a few of the rooms in her house that clearly fit her “style”. I knew immediately I don’t know what my style is. Our first few paint jobs didn’t exactly turn out like we’d hoped. When Abigail was an infant we tried painting her room a soft pale yellow (perfect for any baby’s room)… the result was a bright summer sunshine yellow. Sadly, the yellow room is still there today. Since then we’ve tried to play it safer, in fact my house is painted the exact same color that the majority of my friend’s house is painted and I like it, it’s safe.
Last spring I began searching for new bedding. We bought our current duvet cover on clearance when we got married. I didn’t love it then and certainly don’t love it now. It’s been pointed out countless number of times, I don’t make decisions very easily, especially decisions based on style, a style I certainly don’t have figured out.
Here’s what we know. We don’t like our light “natural” colored maple cabinets and wood floors. We prefer dark wood. I love, love, love our new bed… it’s a deep, dark, beautiful wood that will never go out of style (I hope).
Anything we own needs to be washable and durable. Although beautiful and elegant, a light colored silk duvet cover isn’t going to cut it.
Last spring I began searching for new bedding. We bought our current duvet cover on clearance when we got married. I didn’t love it then and certainly don’t love it now. It’s been pointed out countless number of times, I don’t make decisions very easily, especially decisions based on style, a style I certainly don’t have figured out.
Here’s what we know. We don’t like our light “natural” colored maple cabinets and wood floors. We prefer dark wood. I love, love, love our new bed… it’s a deep, dark, beautiful wood that will never go out of style (I hope).
Anything we own needs to be washable and durable. Although beautiful and elegant, a light colored silk duvet cover isn’t going to cut it.
Justin says he wants color, but I doubt he’d be happy with this. After a few days, I don’t think I would be either.
This on the other hand is bright, but not as overwhelming. It looks like a nice piece of patterned paper I would buy. But do you want a huge 108” x 92” piece of patterned paper dominating your bedroom? I don’t know... you tell me. Too juvenile?
Maybe I need to go with a smaller design… a little more classic. Am I classic?



9 comments:
I really like the first one and the last one. But I know what you mean about the silk. In my own hunt for bedding I have had to rule out several things that I like because they just aren't practical.
I love the last one. decisions...decisions...
I just saw the first one on ebay several times.
I really like the first and last one, but if the 1st one is not practical then I guess it's out. I finally found a duvet cover I liked about 3 years ago and just shrunk it in the wash. Yes, I did not read the "dry clean only" tag. I am pretty upset because I really did like it and I know how hard it is to find one you like.
I with everyone else: first and last.
I actually like the "patterned paper" one. But if your style is "safe" then I don't think that's it. I do really like the last one.
I used to want all white bedding. I still think it would be really pretty but will have to wait til I'm an empty nester.
I had to choose the name for your second daughter, do you need me to choose your bedding, too?:)
You need the show Find Your Style on HGTV! Give them a call. :)
I don't know Holl...I like the top one too, but it is impossible to find one that is perfect...if you like the flowery ones, maybe you would like this? http://www.wrapables.com/images/gallery/C58737G.jpg.
If you run across any that look like I might like them, let me know, we are in the market for something for our bed, too!
I've decided against them all. The first is too white. The second is too much of everything (never was a option). Not sold on the third. The last is too busy... the search continues. Thanks for your opinions... I'm a hopeless cause!
Post a Comment