Today was Abigail’s last day of school. Actually they didn’t spend any time at the school. We spent the day at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma. Justin stayed home so I could tag along and help chaperone. There were so many parent volunteers that I was only assigned to one other girl besides Abigail.
My favorite animal at this zoo is the beluga whales.
My favorite animal at this zoo is the beluga whales.
We were standing so close to this cute pair of elephants.
I like to watch Jon & Kate plus 8 on TLC. It’s the story of a family with seven-year-old twins and three-year-old sextuplets (that’s six three-year-olds!). They recently started a tradition where each child gets a special day to do what they want with Mom and Dad (Jon & Kate) all by themselves, obviously something really rare with eight small children. Today while we were riding back to school on the bus Abigail said, “it’s like it’s my special day and I wanted to go to the zoo.” It was a special day. I rarely have the opportunity to spend one-on-one time with my kids. When we got back to the school Abigail really wanted to walk home together. As we walked hand in hand she commented about how great it was to spend all day, just with me… melt my heart. She’s a sweet girl. Her special day didn’t end there. We have friends in town staying with us for a few days… busy, busy, but lots of fun too.
No comments:
Post a Comment