Monday, July 14, 2008

Practically Perfect Summer Day

  • Justin took the day off.
  • Everyone slept in til nearly 9 am.
  • Justin and the girls went on a long bike ride.
  • We picked up a babysitter at 10:30 am.
  • Justin and I ate a yummy lunch at Olive Garden.
  • After lunch we headed to the movie theatre to watch Chronicles of Narnia: Price Caspian (much better than our last movie, although I wish I would have read the book first)
  • After nearly five hours kid-free we headed home.
  • Made smoothies
  • Let the girls run through the sprinklers.
  • Justin’s Dad came over so we could help him bid on an online auction (won 2 out of 4).
  • Grandpa provided Chinese for dinner and McDonald’s for dessert.
  • Abigail gave a short FHE lesson about the Book of Mormon (which she had prepared herself on the computer yesterday).
  • Carly stayed in the garage crying most of the lesson, but with two doors between us she could hardly be heard (She had to throw away the last part of her cone that I accidentally made her drop on the floor… I’m such a mean Mom – I did feel a bit guilty though)
  • Kids in bed by 8:15 pm
  • Watched a little TV with Justin.
  • Finished a scrapbook page.
  • Zero exercise, lots of food.

I wish every day could be like today.



4 comments:

Camille said...

That does sound like a great day! Was this an extension of your birthday celebration, or just for fun!?

Brenda said...

I'm very jealous. Sounds like a fantastic day. They just don't seem to come around often enough.

Chrystie said...

That does sound pretty good!! How the heck do you get your kids in bed by 8:15?? I can't get Arden to bed before 9 lately. She is pretty much potty trained, and she is getting good at pulling the "I have to go pee pee in the potty" routine about 3 times after she gets in bed. She does it at nap time too...but sometimes she really needs to go, and I am too scared not to believe her! Hopefully it is just a phase?

Chrystie said...

By the way, that is an awesome shot of Carly running through the sprinklers. I love the way the light is hitting the water. Perfect summer picture.

Post a Comment