This week is mid-winter break, not to be confused with spring break that will be in only six weeks. While I typically look forward to no-school days I would much rather trade mid-winter break to get out of school before the end of June. It seems only logical, right?
We don’t have any fun outings planned this week. We’ve worked on a few organizational activities (cleaning out the craft cupboard and shredding massive amounts of old documents from the file cabinet), but other than that it’s just nice to have the kids home and not have to wake up before 8am.
Last night I was sitting on the kitchen floor feeding Jason some leftover mashed potatoes. I have always loved potatoes; in fact my Grandpa called me the potato girl. To my shock, my firstborn detests potatoes (unless they’re fried or in the funeral potato form). None of my kids are picky-eaters so for potatoes to make the short list of disliked foods is disappointing. Anyhow, so I was very pleased that Jason kept wanting more and more mashed potatoes. He was acting goofy so I got out the video camera. Of course he insists on watching himself on the screen (way up close), leaving me to hope I’m pointing the camera in the right direction.
We’re very excited that Jason has started to make out some words. He’ll copy us now when we ask him to say Mama and Au-O. We’re still a ways from the 20+ words he “should” have, but we’re making progress.
This second clip was actually filmed first, but Jason got so excited watching himself that he stepped in his dinner.
2 comments:
What a cute shirt he has on...
Ok....Jason is sooooo cute. I love his little tongue! What a smart little guy, he knows where everything is! Congrats that he says mama before dada!! (Both Arden and Dax said dada first. But now Daxton never says dada, only mama! :)
Post a Comment