Another highlight of our trip to Utah was spending the day on Antelope Island. Apparently we visited Antelope Island every year when I was a child, but because my memory totally stinks, it was a new adventure to me. It was really beautiful.
We walked around an old cattle ranch. It was fun to walk through the old buildings and see all the old equipment and appliances they used. Our wildlife sightings included bison, antelope, rabbits, birds and horses. Jason enjoyed playing with a large beetle we found on our hike (please send me that picture B).
Jason really wanted to go play with the bison
We let him play with this one instead
We also hiked up Buffalo Point.
The older kids reached the top of the mountain first
The kids participated in a city-sponsored Easter egg hunt on Saturday.
This is basically the extent of Jason’s egg gathering this year – not too interested
The girls also participated in the Easter Dive at the local aquatic center.
Abigail loved playing in the pool afterward with her cousins
Easter Sunday was a beautiful day. After church we had a delicious dinner at my sister’s house. The kids participated in their third Easter egg hunt. I think we hid as many eggs for our 11 kids as the city did. Most of the kids’ baskets were overflowing. Once again Jason completely missed the idea of gathering eggs... maybe next year he'll catch on.
Jason was much more interested in eating candy

Carly’s basket was heavy even without any Easter eggs.
Jason really wanted to go play with the bison
We let him play with this one insteadWe also hiked up Buffalo Point.
The older kids reached the top of the mountain firstThe kids participated in a city-sponsored Easter egg hunt on Saturday.
This is basically the extent of Jason’s egg gathering this year – not too interestedThe girls also participated in the Easter Dive at the local aquatic center.
Abigail loved playing in the pool afterward with her cousinsEaster Sunday was a beautiful day. After church we had a delicious dinner at my sister’s house. The kids participated in their third Easter egg hunt. I think we hid as many eggs for our 11 kids as the city did. Most of the kids’ baskets were overflowing. Once again Jason completely missed the idea of gathering eggs... maybe next year he'll catch on.
Jason was much more interested in eating candy
Carly’s basket was heavy even without any Easter eggs.Being the outdoorsman that he is, Jason spent the majority of the afternoon and evening playing outside under the watchful eye of his sisters and cousins. That’s one of the great things about having a big family - lots of people to play with. I seriously saw very little of my kids this past week.

Justin ski-jumping
The adults also played a little badminton. I can't say I'm any good, but I had a blast and I'm looking for someone to play tennis with me - anyone game?
Great action shot Justin – I think I even hit this one!
Spending Easter with family was wonderful. Of course the true reason for the holiday is to remember the sacrifice of our Savior, this is a wonderful video clip. As we tucked the girls into bed Sunday night Abigail teared up as she expressed how sad she feels every time she has to say good-bye to our family. We sure miss them! Thanks for the great time!
A bonding moment between Jason and his cousin Griffin
My brother in Iowa made a last minute decision to come to Utah for Easter weekend so we had all six siblings together. The only family members missing were three of my nieces – we sure missed seeing them!

The kids and their loot
We broke out the Wii Fit for a little entertainment/embarrassment. The ridiculous contraption gave me a Wii Fit age of 44, three years older than my not-so-little little brother and 11 years older than my "overweight" husband... what's up with that!?!
Justin ski-jumpingThe adults also played a little badminton. I can't say I'm any good, but I had a blast and I'm looking for someone to play tennis with me - anyone game?
Great action shot Justin – I think I even hit this one!Spending Easter with family was wonderful. Of course the true reason for the holiday is to remember the sacrifice of our Savior, this is a wonderful video clip. As we tucked the girls into bed Sunday night Abigail teared up as she expressed how sad she feels every time she has to say good-bye to our family. We sure miss them! Thanks for the great time!



1 comment:
It was fun to see you and your family. Thanks for making it down! I'll send pictures later.
Post a Comment