Friday, July 16, 2010

3 Months Old

After having three amazing and overall easy, well-behaved kids I remember thinking we might be pushing our luck to have a fourth. Like what are the odds we would get four of the very best. But we did. I just don't get tired off this girl.

There are times I am going somewhere when it's best not to have her with me, but it's never about wanting to be without her. I'm so grateful I feel that way. I’m not the only one who adores Miss Katie…



She is such a good baby. She and I, we've got each other figured out.

Katie is still figuring out her daddy (actually I think it's him figuring her out) but thankfully she isn't giving him as much gruff anymore when he's in charge.


Katie has been sleeping in her own room for the past month. She seems so tiny in that great big bed.

She stills ends up sleeping with me sometimes after her early morning feeding which I don't mind (I actually really enjoy that part)

I’m finding it a little more difficult to get her down for a nap during the day. If she had it her way I'd just hold her all day and never get anything done. I’m starting to doubt that she’ll be as great of a napper as her big brother. She just doesn’t want to miss any of the action around here.

Unless it's bedtime, she'll usually wake up if I try to move her while she's sleeping. Who would want to disturb this?


Carly was the first one to get Katie to laugh – she has an adorable little giggle.

Katie fell asleep in the swing for the first time a few weeks ago. Doesn't it seem strange that it took 2 1/2 months? Of course she conked out 5 minutes before we had to leave so she couldn't enjoy it.

Katie smiles even for complete strangers. I think she may be my most smiley baby.

Continues to burrow herself to sleep. If someone didn't know better they would think she was extremely uncomfortable, but it's just her unique style. Here she is nuzzling with Abigail:

I went to a baby shower last night for a friend and as she was unwrapping all those little newborn clothes it made me a little sad. Although I LOVE the stage Katie is in, I already miss that newborn stage and wish time would just slow down a little.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

She is so beautiful, Holl! I LOVE the picture of her smiling with the pink shirt. So adorable, you are a really photographer.

Post a Comment