Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Half-Birthday Abigail!

Okay, so we’ve never celebrated someone’s half-birthday before, but I’ve been wanting to try a new egg-free chocolate cake and since Abigail is officially 8 ½ today - it sounded like a great reason (not that I ever need an excuse to make dessert).

The first thing Carly said when she was saying the prayer at dinner tonight was “we’re thankful that we are able to celebrate Abigail’s half birthday today.” Sounds like I may have started something…

And in case you're wondering… this was the best egg-free cake I’ve found yet.

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Happy half-birthday Abigail! The cake looks gooooood to me! Can I have a piece?

Tara said...

I've never celebrated half-birthdays either. It's enough work to celebrate just once a year but I think it's great that you found a good recipe. It must be tricky to find egg-free desserts.

Post a Comment