Wednesday, October 20, 2010

6 Months

Rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time on the day she turned 6-months old

Doesn't mind tummy time as long as someone is there cheering her on

This past month I've been trying to get Katie on more if a napping schedule which hasn't always been easy. There were days she cried so hard that her voice was raspy for days afterward. It's also hard to be consistent when our schedule doesn't always make it possible to give her a nap in the morning and another in the afternoon.

Is very interested in what we are eating. I've been dragging my feet on introducing real foods, but she was ready. Friday night Katie had her first meal - pureed squash. She thought it was fabulous and gobbled up the whole container. I suppose there's no turning back now.

Probably the comment I hear most about Katie is on her chubby cheeks. They are adorable and I can hardly keep myself from kissing them all day (I also can't resist squeezing her squishy little thighs). I have a thing for chubby babies.

Oh, and yes, she does slobber quite a bit

Going outside is the sure fix to keeping Katie content

When she smiles you can see Katie’s adorable little dimple on her right cheek

Our infant tub clearly states it is to be used for babies up to 6-months old. We broke the rules and used it for the last time on 6-months+1-day. Katie has always enjoyed taking baths and has no problem getting a little water in her face.


For the most part Katie wants nothing to do with strangers. If you are one of the few adults she tolerates consider yourself lucky.

Recently moved up to the larger size binkie. She doesn't use it much during the day though, it's more of a soothing to sleep thing.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now, but no, I have slacked off on giving her a bottle regularly and when I introduced it during our builder meeting on Monday she wanted nothing to do with it... This could be bad news

Is getting close to sitting up, she can balance for a few seconds but then usually finds her toes too irresistible and topples forward as she reaches out for them.

Katie had her 6-month check-up yesterday and here are her stats:

Height: 27.75 inches (90th percentile)

Weight: 18 pounds, 7.6 ounces (90th percentile)

What a joy these past 6 months have been. We adore this girl!

4 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Katie is the age the twins were when she was born.... watch out, one year comes fast!!

She's still adorable, as always, and I'm so glad I've gotten to watch her a few times. She is such a sweetie. And it's fun to pretend I have triplets! :)

You're REALLY moving? Really?

Raymond P Hipwell said...

Did all your kids have that little of hair?

Bri said...

She really is adorable, and I count myself as one of the adults she likes...probably because you're holding her, but still, I think it counts! She really is such a cute girl!

Holly said...

Ray,

Carly was my hairest baby...

Check out this post for pictures:
http://fletcherfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/carly-turns-five.html

But from this same post you can see that by the time she was Katie's age she was down to just a little fuzz.

Did your kids have hair?? I thought we all had baldies except Tyrone.

Post a Comment