Thursday, December 16, 2010

8 Months Old

Shortly after Katie turned 7 months, she figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back. However she only rolls occasionally and does not use her new skill to get anywhere (yet).

Likes to munch on my cell phone and/or cover

Is starting to babble and growl

Abigail taught Katie to lay her head down when she's eating in her high chair. Katie got quite the reaction from her siblings so now she thinks it's funny. Cute, but it makes it a bit harder to feed her.

She also thought it was funny to do when I was taking her monthly picture yesterday

I can sit her up now and not have to worry so much about her falling backward (although it still happens)

Currently struggling with naps. Okay, maybe I'm the one struggling with her naps. It's strange to have a child that doesn't sleep a ton. She does great at night though, usually down by 6:30pm wakes up around 7:30am usually with a brief feeding somewhere in between.

Is starting to get a little more hair

Prefers her mom over anyone else, but she thinks her siblings are pretty cool too

Is learning to drink from a straw cup. I've bagged the bottle idea, so we're trying to find alternative means of getting liquids.

Eats lots and lots of cheerios

Something has changed in the last week. Though I'm not sure I know what it is. She has been so stinkin cute, so happy (even with short naps), more content on her own, she's cracking me up with the things she does... I guess she's showing her little personality. I'm loving it.

1 comment:

Post a Comment