Sunday, March 13, 2011

11 Months Old

This is my last monthly post documenting Katie’s first year. On the next update my baby will be one and I'll be writing about her first birthday. That makes me sad. These last few months have flown by quicker than any of the previous. She is changing so quickly.

This past month Katie has started to crawl and that means she gets around.

That also means she can get herself into trouble. Katie recently discovered the dishwasher.

And a cupboard I left open

Then last week while I was vacuuming she ventured up four steps before I saw her - really, I'm shocked that we are already at this stage.

Katie had also started to pull herself up on things. Usually it's me she is using as a climbing toy. The first time she stood herself up was by using the shredder in the office.

Once she's up though she has zero balance so we really need to keep an eye on her.

With all her new mobility it is becoming difficult to keep her entertained in one spot. One afternoon I had to get some things done in the office so I set the diaper bag in front of Katie and set her loose. I knew she'd pull everything out, but I didn't know she was cleaver enough to open a Ziploc baggie and proceed to munch on a bagel (um, just a small choking hazard). Thank goodness Jason was paying attention.

Katie is also cutting more teeth, but is going a little against the norm and is getting a top side tooth before her two front teeth.

Not the best picture, but you get the idea

Katie is liking her binkie a little more these days and although we try to keep it to sleeping (and of course church) it does seem like we are seeing more and more of them these days.

Katie takes two 2-3 hour naps everyday and usually doesn’t want to bother with any of the rocking to sleep business – she’d rather we just lay her down. Right after I lay her down she usually rolls onto her right side with her blankie and goes right to sleep. Thankfully, she will still take a nap away from home which has been a blessing these past few crazy weeks.

Who wouldn’t want to walk into a room and see this happy little face beaming up at them?

This girl brings so much JOY into our family.

2 comments:

the Holyoaks said...

She is just darling! I can't believe it's almost been a year already! It goes so quickly. All of your kids are adorable and I love reading about them and seeing pictures. By the way, good for you for standing up to Goliath and getting things taken care of. The house looks beautiful and I can't wait until you post pictures of it finished! (I'm sure you're excited for that too!)

Chrystie said...

She is so dang cute. 11 months old sure came fast! (It is sad when they become mobile, but at least she isn't walking yet!)

Post a Comment