Sunday, March 20, 2011

Off He Goes

I've mentioned before that Jason is very excited for his birthday. He knew that after Abigail’s birthday in January, there would be Carly's birthday, then Katie’s, followed by mine, and then finally his. He'll go through this chronological list any time birthdays come up. As we were nearing Carly’s birthday earlier this month I proposed an idea to Jason that he forgo his birthday and stay three forever. It was working for awhile, but then he started to change his mind. He didn't want to be my little boy forever {sniff, sniff}. Yesterday was further proof that my boy is growing up. And growing up too quickly.

Jason's training wheels broke on his bike last week. Yesterday he got on and with a little direction from Justin my little guy took off.

Down the street, off to college, family of his own...

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Poor Holly! But wow, 3 years old and no training wheels! Amazing!!

Ben and Carrie said...

I can't believe he's riding a big boy bike!! That is crazy! I have had the same talk with Mitch- no growing up. If I call him my baby, he corrects me and says that he is a big boy. I really need my only boy to stay little. Why won't they listen? :)

Post a Comment