When I got the email from Groupon that Def Leppard was coming in concert there was no question I was going. After seeing Bon Jovi perform last year, Def Leppard moved to the top of my concert wish list. Justin knew this was something I wanted to do and didn’t hesitate to agree to go with me. Last Thursday was the big day.
There was a small opening act before Heart took stage. Amazing that these two ladies can still belt it out.
I took some video with our old point-n-shoot camera. Even though the quality and sound are incredibly poor I would have filmed the entire concert if I had enough memory – just so I could relive the night again and again.
Heart performing Barracuda:
Not everything was heavy – here’s Heart playing one of their softer favorites. This video is even worse (I was filming the big screen and didn’t realize you couldn’t see anything), but you can still get the gist. Notice the gal on keyboard – she was awesome… I told Justin that maybe Abigail could be play keyboard to some great band someday.
After a short intermission it was time for the real show to begin. The one, the only, Def Leppard!
So they aren’t as easy on the eyes as Bon Jovi, but they've got talent.
I love the acoustic portion of Rock music – I think the guitar solos are my favorite. I love how they opened “Rocket” with this little piece.
Yes, the guitarist is not wearing a shirt and appears to be slathered in oil, but he is incredibly ripped so I felt it was acceptable.
And the drummer! Did you know he only has one arm? A.maz.ing!
I realize it’s a bit surprising to some to find that I enjoy this type of music. I don’t quite know how to explain it. To some it might be agitating but it's the opposite for me. Maybe I’m wired a little differently than most, but this was my kind of concert. They played every single song on their best hits CD – I couldn’t have left in a better mood. It was awesome.
And what did my country boy from Texas think of it all? Not really his thing in fact he only recognized a few songs all evening. But not once did he complain or act in any way that minimized my enjoyment. Though when we got in the car to head home (after nearly four hours of LIVE 80’s Rock and Roll) and the Def Leppard CD in the car resumed play, he did ask if we could listen to something different.
So now what’s next on my concert wish list? I’m not sure. I’ll have to dig though my old CD’s for a refresher. Chances are there are only a few bands still playing (or still alive?). Justin’s already told me that if Metallica makes my list I’m all on my own.
2 comments:
So I LOVE that you love def leppard!!! I'm glad you had a great time, it looks really fun!
Kewl. Gotta love the hair bands from days gone by.
Post a Comment