Today is my Dad’s birthday – he’d be turning 82 years old.
13 years ago today was his funeral.
This morning I was reading the latest Ensign which is entirely dedicated to the Book of Mormon. The first article was written by the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. The first few paragraphs describe a conversation he had with a man on his deathbed. It touched me personally because as my Dad faced the end of his earthly life I remember talking with him about the purpose of life and what lies ahead for us when our journey here ends. There are many life lessons that can be learned from the experiences my Dad had during his life, but tonight I felt it was most important that my kids heard his testimony.
I hope they felt the love that my Dad had for his family and for the gospel.
I hope we are making him proud.
3 comments:
If your dad is anything like you, he must have been an amazing man. Glad you celebrated his life and testimony with your kids- I never got to meet either of my grandpa's, as they both died when my parents were young, so all I have is stories of both of them, which I love to hear. I can't wait to meet them both in heaven and I'm sure your kids will love meeting your dad, too. How blessed we are to have eternal families. I KNOW you are making your dad proud. You have such a wonderful family and you and Justin are amazing parents.
Such a cute picture of your kids with the cake. What a cute idea.
A great tribute! Your dad was always proud of you and is proud of your family life! Love, mom
Your dad was such a great guy. I know it must be hard for you, especially on his birthday. It is not fair that your kids never got to meet him, but I am absolutely positive that he is very proud of you and your amazing kids.
P.S. did you do that cake yourself? The writing looks professional!
Post a Comment