Monday, December 5, 2011

Abigail Soccer Wrap-Up

We knew when we moved that one of the hardest things for the girls would be leaving their soccer teams. I know it sounds silly – they are young girls, but we had found awesome coaches for both girls in Auburn. Abigail had played two fall seasons and a spring season with the same coach as well as a basketball season. I doubt we will EVER find another coach as incredible as he was. The girls Abigail played with learned so much that they were undefeated. They played so well together that the games were really enjoyable to watch – they could read each other moves and worked together beautifully. Carly only played one season with her coach, but he had just the right combination of patience and high expectations for his team that Carly improved so much in that one year and had a blast. When we moved we asked around and found teams for the girls to play on. Both worked with wonderful coaches this season, but we greatly missed the level of competition from years past.

Abigail’s soccer season ended just 2 weeks ago. We’d already seen the first snowfall of the year so those last few games were freezing cold. She had a great season and was easily the best player on her team. It was fun to stand on the sidelines and hear other parents compliment your child (not knowing her mother was standing right there), but it was also a hard season to watch. It’s no secret that we are a competitive family so when a 9 or 10 year old scores a goal against her own team and laughs it off – I’m not too forgiving. It’s a weakness, I know. Abigail played her best and shared the ball even when she was better off keeping it to herself. She’s a much better sport than I. Her team actually had a great season and won nearly every game.

Abigail is a strategic player and thinks quickly.

She’s also really fast

Hello where are the other players?

I really did a terrible job taking pictures of Abigail’s games this year. I didn’t even manage to get a decent team picture. Thankfully I was able to pull these last two pictures off the internet.


Way to go Abigail – it was a fun season!

No comments:

Post a Comment