How sad is it that I was able to post everyday last month
and then when the month was up it’s a ghost town around here? Certainly not my intent - apparently
the month of posting didn’t quite give me the momentum I’d hoped. I’m here though; behind once again and
as always I hope to get back on track.
So Easter 2015…
It’s only been a few weeks and already I’m struggling to remember how we
celebrated. We joined several
families in the ward for our annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. We contributed our 10 eggs per kiddo
the night before and they were scattered throughout the park when we
arrived. Unfortunately, when Carly
carried Drew to the van when we left the house she didn’t think about grabbing
his shoes. We didn’t realize this
until we had arrived at the park.
In frustration Justin insisted Carly ride back with him to the house to
get said shoes and as a result she missed the hunt. Not our brightest parenting moment.
Not wanting to let Drew loose in the muddy grass, Abigail
opted to carry him around the park collecting eggs.
Jason checking out what he got in his 10 eggs
I felt terrible Carly missed out on the hunt unnecessarily,
but was relieved to see that she wasn’t upset about it when she got back to find
the party was over.
Swinging with a mouth full of candy
Easter Sunday happened to fall on the same weekend as
General Conference so we likely stayed in pajamas all day long. The kids have really enjoyed the years
we’ve had an Easter Egg Hunt waiting for them on Easter morning. I love the idea of traditions so I was
happy to provide.
The girls felt strongly that I needed to once again have a
barricade at the top of the stairs to remind everyone to not go downstairs before the official start.

Having the kids all lined up in anticipation looked like
Christmas morning.
It was decided that Drew would get a head start down the
stairs – go buddy, go!
It didn’t take Drew long to realize there was candy in the
eggs and start munching on the candy wrapper and all.
He was happy to sit out the rest of the hunt and just eat
candy
While we wait for our office to be completed we have stacks
of boxes in the living room – plenty of places to hide eggs.
It didn’t take the kids long to fill their baskets though I
still know of one egg that has yet to be found.
Looking at these pictures it seems clear that Abigail got a
bit more than her fair share – must be that competitive Fletcher spirit.
We had Justin’s parents over for dinner that evening and I’m
pretty sure there was a game or two involved. Overall a nice Easter weekend.




















No comments:
Post a Comment