Drew often puts on other peoples shoes.
Trying
on Justin’s new basketball shoes – crazy to think that some day my baby could
actually fit into these massive size 16’s
Abigail’s
brown fuzzy boots
When we go out to catch the afternoon kindergarten
bus, Drew usually has on a pair of Katie’s shoes cause they are easy for him to
put on himself, but not sooo big that he can’t manage to walk in them.
This is how we found Katie when we checked on her
one evening before heading to bed.
Another term down in middle school for Carly and
Abigail – Carly just missed a 4.0 with one A- both girls made Honors Society
and Abigail continues with her perfect 4.0 academic record. Megan’s mom sent me this picture of
these two friends since I wasn’t able to make it to the awards ceremony. Best of friends since third grade and
pretty much twins – not a week goes by that someone doesn’t mix these two girls
up.
We attended our first Boy Scout Blue & Gold
Banquet on Thursday, February 25.
The hot dog dinner was a hit for the kids – pretty sure Jason ate at
least three. There were fun games…
One of the games was throwing blue ping pong balls
(water) into the box strapped to a boys head (fire).
Another was building the tallest fire (stacking
cups).
The surprise guest made Drew’s night!
The kids and I all had dentist appointments last
Tuesday. This was Drew’s first
visit to the dentist. They took
him back first. He sat in the
chair, let them put on the bib, raise the chair into position and turn on “Mr.
Sunshine” but when it came to opening his mouth he refused. Not in a whiny way, he just sat
there silently with his mouth held firmly shut.
I suppose I hadn’t prepared him at all for the
visit (5th child and all) so he and I switched places. He sat nearby watching Despicable Me on
the TV overhead and glancing occasionally at the hygienist cleaning my
teeth. Guess that was all it took
cause when my teeth were shiny and clean, he and I switched places and he sat
there mouth open and let the hygienist count and polish his teeth.
He kept sliding further and further down on the
chair
Drew also let Dr. Paul poke around.
And then Dr. Paul helped Drew clean some teeth
molds – future dentist? Perhaps.
Another sign that my baby is growing up was that
last week that kid started zipping around the park on a scooter
And Katie advanced to a larger bike given to us by
some friends.
Justin helps out a lot with dishes around here and
while I very much appreciate his help I also ask that if he’s going to put
dishes in the dishwasher he should probably just start the washing cycle –
cause honestly people, I get serious anxiety if I have to fit in more dishes
with this sort of randomness – anyone else with me??
This morning I mustered up enough momentum to go to the gym. I got all dressed and
ready and then as we headed out to the car we found we were carless.
I knew the van was in the shop for new brakes (and apparently transmission work), but
my memory often resembles that of Dory and it totally slipped my mind. Not that I was at all disappointed to
miss out on a workout.
















No comments:
Post a Comment