Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Best Date Ever


Justin’s been planning a TOP SECRET group date for months – not that it’s taken months to plan, but getting everyone’s schedules lined up took months of scheduling and rescheduling.  Justin communicated and planned everything just with the husbands so the ladies knew nothing about what we were doing.  Finally, the big night arrived on April 15th – unfortunately, Kent ended up sick that day – I was so glad Camden decided to still come even spouseless.  The Reynolds and LeeMasters are two of our go-to favorite couples. Justin invited two other couples that we haven’t done much with socially before.  I was a bit nervous that everyone would gel well together and thankfully the group dynamic was great.

Anyhow, we drove into Seattle with Camden and the Reynolds and pulled up to The Electric Boat Company.  The guys loaded up the boat with a huge cooler of food, bags of munchies, and a huge bundle of roses.  The ladies were impressed.

We had two hours to cruise around Lake Union.  Justin had tunes playing – beginning with one of my favorites – Sail by AWOLNATION.  The cooler had more food than we could eat – Thai wraps, sandwich wraps, veggie tray, fruit tray, shrimp, Caesar salad and then tons of snacks, candy, and drinks.

We’ve had the most beautiful spring weather and this evening was perfect for being on the water. We took the boat up to the Locks, past Gas Works Park, and along the Seattle skyline. I wish I would have taken my camera and gotten some better pictures.  It really was such an enjoyable evening and so beautiful.  The two hours flew by.


I like this picture of the Reynolds because you can see the Ballard Bridge sign AND the NEED WEED? sign.  Gotta love Seattle.


Near the end of the boat ride the guys presented their wife with a poem they had written along the lines of Roses are Red, Violets are Blue… and we each received roses to take home.   A few kept their poems private, but those that were shared were hilarious.  Since Kent was incapacitated at home, Benjamin took it upon himself to write Camden’s poems - one to share and one private.  I seriously laughed myself to tears and if I think about it now I still crack up.  Only the best of friends can pull that off.   Justin’s poem was perfectly balanced with sweet and funny. 

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I am excited
To be here with you!

Roses are Red
Daffodils are white
You really are
A beautiful sight.

Roses are Red
Lake Union is awesome
If Ben has to pee,
I say we just toss him.

Some roses are Red
Others are Pink
If I were sick like Kent
It would really stink.

Roses are Red
This is a fun endeavor
I am happy
To be with you forever.

We couldn’t just end the evening there so everyone came back to our house to hang out.  Carly was home babysitting and worked some serious magic getting the house straightened up in that 30 minutes.  The rest of the night was full of laughs.  We thought we’d end up playing games, but the conversation just kept going.  Seriously, one of the funnest dates I’ve ever been on with some of my favorite people.  Thank you Justin for everything you did to make it so special.  I can’t wait to see what you do to top this!

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Holy moly! Tell Justin good job from me, I will have to show this to Preston. If we make it to the movies without the kids were are feeling fancy!

Post a Comment