Shhhh, nobody tell Drew that once again I was out
of town on his actual birthday and then because the rest of the week was so
busy we delayed any birthday acknowledgement until the weekend. Drew was so excited for his “birthday”! Justin went running that morning and
brought home some donuts from Georgia’s for a special birthday breakfast.
Drew was very excited to open up his birthday
presents.
My Mom had sent us a great big box…
full of balls! 200! That’s two
HUNDRED balls!
Turns out she was teaching me a lesson since I
wasn’t able to think of anything she could send to him for his birthday. We’re not big gift givers around here
and I honestly couldn’t think of any toys he was lacking. But leave it to my Mom to find
something! Just what every mother
wants – 200 balls! Ha! She also
sent a fun stomp rocket.
We also bought Drew a toy – actually it came free
with the little Octonaut figurines I bought for Drew’s birthday cake. The octopod to go with the figurines.
On the way to Sunriver my friend Sommer gave us the
idea of taking the family to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate. I’ve made it through 15 years of
parenthood without a visit to Chuck E. Cheese so I was a little reluctant, but
we knew it would be something Drew would love and so we invited Justin’s family
to join us on Saturday.
We bought a punch of tickets for all the kids (and
adults) and ordered a few pizzas for the kids’ lunch. Everyone seemed to have a great time.
Drew especially loved any of the games that involved
balls. Skee-ball and basketball
being his favorites.
Drew had this interesting little twist to his wrist
when he threw the skee ball. He
played over, and over and over.
Everyone redeemed their tickets for some little
prizes and then Drew opened gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Fletcher and the
Baumgartner family.
Next stop for our family was Chick-fil-A for Justin
and I to get some lunch. Turns out
the rest of the Fletcher crew also showed up there, but we just hit the drive
through.
Back at home Drew had his birthday cake
awaiting. He said he wanted an
Octonauts cake several months ago and so I’d ordered the figurines (and the
free Octopod) and avoided mentioning it in case he’d change his mind. He usually gets to watch a show when I
shower after going to the gym and 9 times out of 10 he will choose to watch
Octonauts.
As we sang Happy Birthday to him he put his hand up
next to his face and I was lucky enough to capture the most adorable picture of
him. I seriously love the JOY on
his face so much that it over whelms me.
Favorite picture ever!
Happy Birthday to my Baby! Oh, how we LOVE you!




























1 comment:
Wow, that is one photogenic little kid! I can't believe your baby is four!
Post a Comment