Jan 8: Abigail took a photography class during
the first trimester. She had a lot
of fun taking pictures. She had me
a few pictures of her and Drew for a project she had to put together at the end
of the semester. I thought these
two were particularly cute.
Jan 13: On Thursday, January 11, I got a text
from a friend in Auburn informing me that Sam’s Club was closing all their
Washington stores by the end of the month. I was bummed.
Even though our nearest Sam’s Club has been 30+ minutes away since we
moved to Snoqualmie nearly 7 years ago we’ve still had a Sam’s membership
during most of that time (especially since we’ve been able to find good joining
deals on Groupon or LivingSocial).
Anyhow, the next day Sam’s Club discounted everything 25% and it drew in
crowds crazy enough to make the news.
Oh, I was tempted – 25% off wholesale prices is a big deal. Justin was pretty wishy-washy about it
so I snagged Carly on Saturday morning and we headed down. We got there about 15 minutes before it
opened and had to wait in line nearly two hours to get in the doors. Thankfully it wasn’t raining and the
time passed quickly.
Almost there!
Inside the store was actually quite nice – apparently they’d
learned from the previous day to limit the number of people allowed inside and
we were easily able to navigate our carts around the store and load em’
up. And load em’ up we did!
It was an all day ordeal, but well worth it. The following Saturday everything was
50% off – Justin went to the Renton store. It was nearly empty, but he still managed to pickup a few
things. Including a massive box of
Snickers, which I’ve been doing my duty to get through before they expire. Last night (Feb 1) I made a
delicious Snickers Cheesecake for book group that I was hosting just so I could
use up some of the 48 Snickers bars.
Jan 14: Rare snuggles with my baby
Our newest favorite family game – the kids seem to play
Cover Your Assets any chance they get.
Jan 22: Mid-January we booked a last-minute
cruise over mid-winter break with Justin’s sister’s family. The kids are super thrilled. Drew
doesn’t have the best concept of time so we made him a calendar that he could
check off the days until we leave.
I recently got the girls phones set up on the “find my
friends” app – boy, is that nice! It sure comes in handy when I want to know where the girls
are at any given time, especially now that Abigail is driving. Tonight Carly was off celebrating a friend’s
birthday at the Melting Pot in Bellevue with the birthday girl’s family and
Abigail was eager to go pickup Jason from basketball practice in North
Bend. Later that evening I
got the app figured out and now the girls name and picture replaces their email
address (I edited out their email addresses for this post).
Jan 23: Letter K at preschool today where these
kiddos made King crowns. I also
get a kick out of Drew wearing a Halloween pajama shirt in January – we sure
are pretty lax about our image and apparel around here.
Jan 26: Apparently Abigail released her name
and address when she took the P-ACT recently because all of sudden we are
getting inundated with letters from colleges all over the country. This was the pile we got in just one
day! Crazy that she’s old enough
to start thinking about college.
Jan 28: My Mom’s 75th Birthday was today. My siblings threw her a big birthday
party, complete with chocolate cake and Café Rio. Instead of gifts she requested that the grandchildren share
a talent. I was bummed that we
couldn’t be there, but the kids (for the most part) we’re happy to send
something to Grandma to wish her a Happy Birthday. Katie and Drew sent some cards in the mail.
Jason decided to play a few songs on his clarinet.
Abigail decided she’d steer clear of the traditional talents
of playing the piano or the flute and wanted to make a little video clip of her
driving.
Carly didn’t want to be shown playing the piano, but I snuck
in an awkward little clip of her at the end.
Happy Birthday Mom!
We sure LOVE and MISS you!!










No comments:
Post a Comment