Thursday, April 5, 2018

March Miscellaneous

March 2:  Jason and Katie were sure excited to attend the Donuts with Dad event at the school this morning


March 3:  Justin took Jason hiking this morning at Rattlesnake Ledge. 


He knows by now that I’m not thrilled with them hiking when it’s still cold enough to run into icy, dangerous conditions.  Justin didn’t tell me where exactly they were going that morning and they were gone for several hours.  My concerns were validated when the news came in that a 16-year-old boy fell 600 feet to his death that morning on Rattlesnake.  I’ve always been nervous around steep cliffs even driving windy canyon roads.  Since Lexy’s death I’m even more leery.

Today I popped into the bonus room and found Abigail playing Headbands with Drew.  Oh, how I love sweet moments like this.


March 6:  Justin is still pounding the pavement – pretty amazing views along his running route


March 10:  Justin told the kids he would pay them $50 if they could run in 4 miles in under 40 minutes.  I think the idea was that the kids would work their way up to that by getting out and running more often.  The girls are completely uninterested and I don’t think Jason was necessarily planning on earning that money, but he went out on a run with Justin this morning and nailed it – 4 miles in 37:26. The kid has been competing with some friends on who gets the most steps each day/week since he got his fitbit in December so he’s been pretty active.  To get more steps he wants to walk to/from school any chance he can and if he has extra time in the mornings he’ll actually circle the block first.  Way to go buddy!


March 14:  A friend of mine had a Groupon for a local playplace so she organized a little pre-play lunch at Café Rio and then we enjoyed a few hours chatting it up while our littlests burned off energy.  Drew especially loved all the fun ball contraptions.  A perfect afternoon.  I’m all for playdates that are that fun for both Moms and kids.


March 16:  Today was class picture day for Jason.  When I came downstairs this morning he was dressed to the nines.  Full suit and tie with dress shoes.  Apparently there was some sort of contest to see who could dress the nicest.  He was pleased to come home that afternoon and tell me he’d won and received a candy bar as his reward.  I love that he was confident enough to stand out and not care at all if he was the only one dressed up.


March 21:  Just a shot of my buddy Drew and me in my mom uniform.  I wear this sweatshirt pretty much every day at some point – some days I wear it all day.


March 25:  Carly showed Katie a fun little knitting contraption and Katie spent hours this month making her creation longer and longer. 

It’s probably three times as long as this by now

March 29:  It feels like the older my kids get the less often I see sweet, loving interactions between them so I’m learning to savor them when they do.  Bedtime stories are so much sweeter when read by an older sister.  The same sister who just hours before stormed off in tears because her little brother set the table instead of her, cause heaven forbid they could both do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment