Monday, November 5, 2018

European Vacation {Day 9} – Westminter Abby, London Zoo & Hamilton

Today was our last day in London.  First stop was Westminter Abby – the line was long and it was yet another very hot day.  It took us over an hour and a half to get inside.  Another building we weren’t allowed to take any photos inside.  Justin and I had been to Westminter before and to be honest it’s wasn’t super fascinating to me especially after all the chapels and cathedrals we’ve already visited.  We took our time walking through it though as the kids each listened to their audio guides through the provided headsets.


I found a yummy little café (Regency) on Tripadvisor for lunch.  It was a cash only joint so I had to go find an ATM to get pounds since we’d only used credit card so far.  We decided to explore the London Zoo since it was included on our London Passes.  Unfortunately, the animals, like us, weren’t fans of the heat and it seemed that more than half of the exhibits were empty as the animals were staying cool indoors.  We did catch the feeding of the penguins, but overall the zoo expedition wasn’t uber impressive.  Apparently we got more pictures of fake animals than we did real animals.

Sadly we didn’t see any tigers 
   

Justin and the kids needed to find an internet café in order to print our mandatory boarding passes for our flight the next day.  Thankfully, there are still a few such cafes in service so they were able to take care of that. Justin and the kids also stopped by Platform 9 ¾ before heading back to the flat for the night. 


I was off to the theatre!  I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about the musical Hamilton and decided, as our trip was nearing, that I couldn’t pass up the chance to see it while in London.  Tickets are sold out pretty much everywhere Hamilton performs, but I was lucky enough to find a seat.  It wasn’t cheap – I think around $250, but it was worth it to me.  It wasn’t worth it to Justin.  I have no problem traveling, eating, or theatring solo.  I listening to the soundtrack for several weeks beforehand and it did not disappoint.  Loved it!

I shared this photo on my Instagram - I couldn't pass up the chance to see Hamilton in London!  #ticketforone #iamnotthrowingawaymyshot

No comments:

Post a Comment