Friday, December 14, 2018

European Vacation {Day 18} – Day at Sea

No alarm this morning so we weren't up and moving until around 10am - it was glorious.  We started our morning with a quick visit with Pluto and then it was off to breakfast. 


The girls were already off doing their own thing and Jason skipped Pluto and ate on his own.  I don't think we saw Abigail until dinner and only during dinner.  She's connected with a fun group of teens that she spends most of her free time with. Carly and Jason spent most of the day on their own as well - they went to a movie together during the afternoon, but otherwise I think they are happy to just do their own thing.  Carly has several friends she's spent time with during the cruise.  When Jason isn't with Carly he's perfectly content on his own.  I think he actually loves the freedom we've allowed him.


Drew wanted to hit the pools right after breakfast.  I think the high today may have reached the low 70's but with the wind it felt much colder.  I'd envisioned my day at sea poolside soaking up some summer rays, but instead I was poolside wrapped up in two blankets sipping hot cocoa.  The water in the pools must be kept really warm because Drew played for hours and never complained about being cold.  Katie spent most of the day in the kid's club - coming out for an occasional character sighting or for food.


Our final dinner of the cruise was in the Animator's Palate - having cruised on Disney before we'd already experienced having our hand-drawn characters come alive on screen, but I think it was just as fun the second time around.



Much of the day/evening was spent getting our laundry done (along with the rest of the cruisers) and packing up.  Such a bummer that this cruise that we've been anticipating for nearly two years is already over.  Even sadder is that we don't have another family trip already in the works to help us feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment