Monday, July 15
I am recapping this next week at the end of the week and having a hard time remembering exactly what we did. I’ve got to say that this week I felt like we didn’t do much to maximize the fun – evidence in the lack of pictures this week. The weather has not been great lately. In fact it’s probably been the worst July weather that we’ve ever had in Washington. The kids spent a lot of time this week pulling slips out of the Summer Boredom Buster Jar. I let them add in some slips with just fun things on them since it seems like they were pulling out a lot of extra chores. Carly went on a hike this morning with the girls in her age group going on the 4th year backpacking hike next week with our stake young women. Jason and Katie also got invited over to a friend’s house for three hours this afternoon, so that was nice.
Tuesday, July 16
Another noneventful day. Carly had some containers to clean this morning. She’s much faster this year so after all her expenses are paid up she’s averaging about $20/hour which is fantastic.
Wednesday, July 17
This morning I reluctantly went back to the gym to catch one of my regular classes. It was tough but I was glad to have it done. Carly was babysitting this morning and Abigail and I went on her summer lunch date. She chose Olive Garden. There’s not really an Olive Garden near us but it was conveniently located near the Nordstrom’s that I needed to go to pick up the order that wasn’t ready last Friday night. I was reminded that I am not an Olive Garden fan as there are many more places that have better Italian, but it was an enjoyable lunch nonetheless and always a great chance to catch up with Abigail who is so busy these days.
Thursday, July 18
Another trip to the library this morning and then we had enough time to stop by Steller Park for the kids to play for a little bit. I was meeting up with Justin today at noon with a lawyer to sign our will, etc. After that deed was finally done I fought the crowds and went to Chick-fil-A to redeem a free sandwich and my free birthday cookie before heading home. We met up with Justin after work at the Nike store to take advantage of a 30% off employee T-Mobile employee discount. We attend that sale every quarter or so looking for items that are already on sale that we can add the additional 30% off. There wasn’t a big selection but we did manage to get some shoes for Jason and Katie for the next school year. We also ran a few other errands before heading home. I only had a few minutes home before I left for night in with Andrea and Addy. Addy came home early from Utah this week to get meet with a bunch of doctors to come up with a game plan for the lump they found in her breast. Addy is a woman that can manage and handle much but it is still a heavy thing to take on. It was nice to support her and listen to her as well as enjoy some light entertainment on TV.
Friday, July 19
It was so sore from returning to the gym on Wednesday that I almost passed on going to class today, but I persevered and survived. I thought it might help to get in a cool down walk afterwards so I went home and got Katie and Drew and we went to Jeanne Hanson for them to play while I walked around the track. It was noon by the time our day officially got started. The kids spent a lot of time outside since it was finally a sunny day. Carly was getting ready for her overnight backpacking trip and Abigail was catching up on chores after she got home from work this afternoon. Carly needed to go help an investigator-friend get ready for camp so we had her drop us off at the Seahawks park to play while she did that. Jason and Katie rode their bikes down to the park which is nice for them to get out and get some exercise. Justin and I went out for a quick bite locally and then we watched the fifth Harry Potter movie with Carly and Jason.
Saturday, July 20
It was a busy morning today. Justin and Jason went and help someone move, Abigail went to work, and Carly needed to turn in her pack for her overnight camping trip. The morning seemed to fly by back at home and before I knew it it was time to head to our 11:30am showing of the Lion King remake. Thanks to T-Mobile Tuesdays we got each of us tickets for under a dollar on opening weekend. Abigail was still at work but everybody else went and Carly was our driver. After the movie we decided to catch the last hour of raspberry picking. We love fresh raspberries! We didn’t get as much as we normally would because we didn’t need any jam but we still got enough to freeze three trays and eat the rest over the next few days.
I am recapping this next week at the end of the week and having a hard time remembering exactly what we did. I’ve got to say that this week I felt like we didn’t do much to maximize the fun – evidence in the lack of pictures this week. The weather has not been great lately. In fact it’s probably been the worst July weather that we’ve ever had in Washington. The kids spent a lot of time this week pulling slips out of the Summer Boredom Buster Jar. I let them add in some slips with just fun things on them since it seems like they were pulling out a lot of extra chores. Carly went on a hike this morning with the girls in her age group going on the 4th year backpacking hike next week with our stake young women. Jason and Katie also got invited over to a friend’s house for three hours this afternoon, so that was nice.
Tuesday, July 16
Another noneventful day. Carly had some containers to clean this morning. She’s much faster this year so after all her expenses are paid up she’s averaging about $20/hour which is fantastic.
Wednesday, July 17
This morning I reluctantly went back to the gym to catch one of my regular classes. It was tough but I was glad to have it done. Carly was babysitting this morning and Abigail and I went on her summer lunch date. She chose Olive Garden. There’s not really an Olive Garden near us but it was conveniently located near the Nordstrom’s that I needed to go to pick up the order that wasn’t ready last Friday night. I was reminded that I am not an Olive Garden fan as there are many more places that have better Italian, but it was an enjoyable lunch nonetheless and always a great chance to catch up with Abigail who is so busy these days.
Thursday, July 18
Another trip to the library this morning and then we had enough time to stop by Steller Park for the kids to play for a little bit. I was meeting up with Justin today at noon with a lawyer to sign our will, etc. After that deed was finally done I fought the crowds and went to Chick-fil-A to redeem a free sandwich and my free birthday cookie before heading home. We met up with Justin after work at the Nike store to take advantage of a 30% off employee T-Mobile employee discount. We attend that sale every quarter or so looking for items that are already on sale that we can add the additional 30% off. There wasn’t a big selection but we did manage to get some shoes for Jason and Katie for the next school year. We also ran a few other errands before heading home. I only had a few minutes home before I left for night in with Andrea and Addy. Addy came home early from Utah this week to get meet with a bunch of doctors to come up with a game plan for the lump they found in her breast. Addy is a woman that can manage and handle much but it is still a heavy thing to take on. It was nice to support her and listen to her as well as enjoy some light entertainment on TV.
Friday, July 19
It was so sore from returning to the gym on Wednesday that I almost passed on going to class today, but I persevered and survived. I thought it might help to get in a cool down walk afterwards so I went home and got Katie and Drew and we went to Jeanne Hanson for them to play while I walked around the track. It was noon by the time our day officially got started. The kids spent a lot of time outside since it was finally a sunny day. Carly was getting ready for her overnight backpacking trip and Abigail was catching up on chores after she got home from work this afternoon. Carly needed to go help an investigator-friend get ready for camp so we had her drop us off at the Seahawks park to play while she did that. Jason and Katie rode their bikes down to the park which is nice for them to get out and get some exercise. Justin and I went out for a quick bite locally and then we watched the fifth Harry Potter movie with Carly and Jason.
Saturday, July 20
It was a busy morning today. Justin and Jason went and help someone move, Abigail went to work, and Carly needed to turn in her pack for her overnight camping trip. The morning seemed to fly by back at home and before I knew it it was time to head to our 11:30am showing of the Lion King remake. Thanks to T-Mobile Tuesdays we got each of us tickets for under a dollar on opening weekend. Abigail was still at work but everybody else went and Carly was our driver. After the movie we decided to catch the last hour of raspberry picking. We love fresh raspberries! We didn’t get as much as we normally would because we didn’t need any jam but we still got enough to freeze three trays and eat the rest over the next few days.
Carly still managed to socialize with friends while picking
We had a quick turnaround back home before heading to Seattle to attend the Seattle Mariners game at T-Mobile Park. Someone in our ward had tickets they were giving away this morning and we were lucky enough to snag five for Justin and I and the three youngest. It had been a few years since we’ve gone so free tickets is hard to pass up even if that meant I couldn't go down to Auburn as planned to visit with Tammy Summers who was in town for the weekend. In addition to free seats Justin also had a few gift cards for concessions that he received through work, so free food too! We didn’t stay for the entire game which ended up not being regretted it as the Mariners ended up losing big-time after we left.
It was free POP head night so we all got free Edgar Martinez POP heads
On the way to the car I noticed Drew was representing with his choice of socks
On the way home Justin and I enjoyed a little treat from Baskin-Robbins courtesy of T-Mobile Tuesday (how many times have I mentioned the T-Mobile Tuesday app this summer? Seriously so many great perks lately!) Today pretty much made up for any lack of activity from earlier in the week. Today was packed full of fun.
Sunday, July 21
We used the last of the fresh raspberries this morning for some delicious crepes. Basically dessert for breakfast! After church I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening getting organized for my upcoming family reunion. Meal planning, grocery list, and emailing my family with all the details. The girls were also doing all their last minute packing for girls camp which always takes more time than they anticipate. The kids snagged a slew of pretzel bread sticks from the church kitchen after our meetings wrapped up. There’s a family in our ward that will often bring food to church that the community food bank is getting rid of. I made a yummy cheese sauce and needless to say we ate lots of pretzel bread today.
Sunday, July 21
We used the last of the fresh raspberries this morning for some delicious crepes. Basically dessert for breakfast! After church I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening getting organized for my upcoming family reunion. Meal planning, grocery list, and emailing my family with all the details. The girls were also doing all their last minute packing for girls camp which always takes more time than they anticipate. The kids snagged a slew of pretzel bread sticks from the church kitchen after our meetings wrapped up. There’s a family in our ward that will often bring food to church that the community food bank is getting rid of. I made a yummy cheese sauce and needless to say we ate lots of pretzel bread today.













No comments:
Post a Comment