Monday, December 23, 2019

Back to School

We only had one day between camping and heading back to school.  Which wasn’t nearly enough time to catch up on sleep, but we tried…


I cut Katie’s hair the night before…


Posting the above picture now, over three months later, reminds me I still haven’t straightened out a section of her hair in the back that is clearly longer than the rest.  

Carly, Jason, Katie and Drew’s first day of school was on Wednesday, September 4.  I woke up in time to see Carly off to her first day of TENTH grade – first day of school tradition and likely the only day I ever see her in the morning all year.


Jason had a delayed start so that the new incoming sixth graders could have the school to themselves for a couple hours.  So Katie and Drew were up next.  FOURTH & FIRST grade!  


I walked them to school today – again likely only a once per school year thing.  Our neighbor is Drew’s best little buddy and he walked with us.  These boys are in the same class this year which is so fun.

I should have had them standing side by side because Cooper looks so much bigger than Drew here which isn’t really the case

And then finally Jason was off to SEVENTH grade.


Abigail didn’t have her first day of school until a few weeks later – September 16.  She left for seminary that morning in the 5 o’clock hour and then went straight to Bellevue College for class so for the second year in a row her “first day of school” photo is a bathroom selfie at the college.  Our SENIOR in high school (and technically also a SOPHOMORE in college)


So apparently it’s a thing for the seniors to dress ridiculous in their senior photos. These are photos used for their ID cards – not the yearbook.  Yearbook photos are submitted by the students and are usually taken by a professional photographer of their choosing.  Anyhow, Abigail put her hair up into little buns and was wearing some funky glasses, but because the glasses were reflecting too much they made her take them off so her photo isn’t as funny as she’d intended – I actually think it’s pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment