Monday, September 21, 2020

Summer 2020 {Week 8 : August 9 – 16}

We only had a few days at home from Sunriver before Abigail, Carly and I headed down to Utah to get Abigail settled in at BYU.  I don’t remember much about those days, but no doubt we were doing a bunch of packing.

 

Sunday, August 9

 

We invited Grandma and Grandpa Fletcher over for dinner on Sunday, August 9 so they visit with Abigail before she leaves for school.  Grandma decided not to come but Grandpa joined us and had a great time visiting with the kids and playing spike ball and toss outside in the backyard.



Monday, August 10

 

Drew was due a summer lunch date and decided on Jersey Mike’s.  As we pulled into the parking lot, which is shared by Café Rio, we noticed a Café Rio employee outside telling people to come on in and eat anything on the menu for FREE.  After five months of being closed I knew that Café Rio was opening on Wednesday and as we found out they were open from 12-1pm today and tomorrow to train their new staff and practice being open under the new social-distancing guidelines.  I was, of course, all game for Café Rio but Drew was fixed on Jersey Mikes.  So we got him a kids meal at Jersey Mikes and “his” Café Rio meal was taken home for Abigail to enjoy.



Tuesday, August 11

 

Of course we couldn’t pass up another opportunity for free food so I returned to Café Rio today with the kids to fill our bellies with deliciousness.



Abigail had a bunch of friends over tonight – her last night before leaving for college.  She has such a fun group of friends.  I know it was hard for her to say good-bye to them.  Seemed like an official end to her high school experience as she starts a new beginning in college.


August 12 – 17 in Snoqualmie

Abigail, Carly and I left for Utah on Wednesday, August 12 – separate post to come. Back at home Justin had some fun with the “littles”…

A walk around Lake Alice

An day at Rattlesnake Lake
Pool time in the backyard


I haven’t been paying much attention to the COVID numbers and updates recently (mid-September), but I had a few stats from August that I’ll still post as reference.

  • COVID Update: On July 31 our school district changed from the hybrid in-person/remote learning model announced on July 8th to starting the school year fully remote. After the first six weeks it would be reassessed to possibly move into a hybrid model in November. According to a district survey 51% of parents were very comfortable sending students back to school and 11% were not comfortable at all. Stats as of Sunday, August 9: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 63,647 with 1,697 deaths. USA total cases over 5 million with over 160k deaths. Globally over 20 million cases and 730k deaths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment