This past week was mid-winter break, not to be confused with Spring Break which will take place in just six weeks. It may sound strange, but I love having days off of school. The girls haven’t reached the stage yet where I have to find things to keep them busy with by planning little field trips and outings. We were able to spend most of the week taking it easy at home. I’m a home-body anyhow so I loved it. It was a great week and although it wasn’t our “spring break” it sure felt like it. The weather has been wonderful. Once again the girls are playing outside – eating otter-pops and writing with sidewalk chalk. There’s been bike rides, long walks, and playing with friends. Justin and I joke around that there aren’t too many places in the world that you don’t see your neighbors for 8 months out of the year. We certainly feel that way here. During the summer we visit with our neighbors nearly every day. Yesterday they were shocked to see how much Jason has grown since they last saw him (as a newborn). I’m sure we’ll see plenty more rainy days before spring really does come, but we’re certainly enjoying our little taste of spring while it lasts.
Poor Jason isn’t quite old enough to play outside with the big kids, but he definitely enjoyed watching them.
2 comments:
Jason is soooo cute. You are lucky you have the sunshine, we are getting a taste of Seattle around here lately! It has rained almost every day this week. But, at least it is not snow! I caaaan't wait for spring either. I went to Macaroni Grill yesterday and thought of you. :) Do they have one in Seattle yet?
I am so jealous. What a beautiful back yard and what a great picture of Jason.
Post a Comment