Justin’s work sponsored a Mariners night on Friday. The plan was for me and the girls to meet Justin downtown. After an already stressful week, dealing with traffic and trying to find a free parking spot just about threw me over the edge. I finally pulled into a $15 parking area and decided to just pay the hefty price. Unfortunately, I only had $7 of cash. That was the last straw. I told Justin to come out of the ball field and meet us (with thousands of people walking around that was an ordeal of its own). The girls and I went inside while Justin parked the car (miles away in a free parking spot… sometimes I think we are way too cheap.)
There were only 3 rows higher than ours and it was a cold, windy evening. Winter coats, gloves, and blankets would have made things much more comfortable. We had plenty of snacks though. Justin’s work provided a goodie bag with lots of munchies for the game. (That kennel corn is seriously addicting!). In addition, Justin bought the girls a big pack of Starbursts and a Snickers bar for me.
There were only 3 rows higher than ours and it was a cold, windy evening. Winter coats, gloves, and blankets would have made things much more comfortable. We had plenty of snacks though. Justin’s work provided a goodie bag with lots of munchies for the game. (That kennel corn is seriously addicting!). In addition, Justin bought the girls a big pack of Starbursts and a Snickers bar for me.
We lasted til the bottom of the 7th inning. The Mariners were not having a good night… maybe it was the whole Friday the 13th thing. The girls were on a serious sugar high and talked non-stop all the way to our free parking spot and during the drive home. We had a good time in spite of the stress and cold.
2 comments:
Wow, beautiful shot of the city! We went to the Bees game on Saturday too, only it was slightly warmer here (about 90 for a high that day, but cooler in the evening. Perfect night for baseball!) I don't think you guys are too cheap...$15 is waaaaay too much to pay to park.
I disagree with Chrystie. Sometimes $15 is a small price to pay in order to keep the peace and just enjoy yourself.
Post a Comment