Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Sleepy Boy

Jason has been so sleepy lately. He still likes to nap twice a day and his naps range from 3-4 hours each (Sunday his nap was over 5 hours!). He’s ready for bed by 7pm and has been sleeping in til 8am or later (we’re finally completely free of night & early morning wakings!!!). I figure on average he sleeps at least 17-18 hours a day. Of course this is great, but only when I don’t need to leave the house. Yesterday morning I had to wake Jason up at 9:15am (the girls had a 10am dentist appointment).

QUICK SIDE STORY: He was sound asleep in dried up vomit. After a quick bath and breakfast we were heading out the door just as he threw up again. And again in the car on the way to the dentist. And again on the way home (this time I had my Mommy sensors on and caught it in a bucket, while driving and obeying all traffic laws). He has been fine since.

Yesterday afternoon I had to wake him up again from his afternoon nap so I could make my dentist appointment. Poor guy! I really, really, really hate waking up a sleeping baby. Especially after the morning we’d had. And he looked so darn cute!!


This morning I had a goal to get the house vacuumed before Jason’s morning nap. Abigail was in charge of keeping Jason safe and happy. She did a great job. The girls completely spoil him and he loves it.

As I was vacuuming the office I saw this sweet scene and while still vacuuming grabbed my camera and took a picture.



JUST A THOUGHT: How is it that women can drive and catch a child’s vomit in a bucket (Note: the child is in the backseat and sitting backwards), vacuum and take a picture, talk on the phone while playing a game and changing a diaper… and men… well, I’m sure you see what I mean. :)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm assuming your little guy is sick then? Hope he gets to feeling better soon - for both your sakes, and that it doesn't go around the family.

Post a Comment