I vaguely remember hearing you come in last night (or should I say, this morning, was it 2:30am?). Do you realize that’s a 21 work day? Granted some time is spent in the car, but I’m surprised how well you’re doing. I don’t think I could focus that long.
We were glad you could come to Abigail’s game today. She’s really getting good (that must be my athletic genes, lol). However, I worry she might becoming a little of a ball-hog, do you think? She wasn’t excited to play today in fact when we were driving to the game she said she didn’t think she wanted to play soccer next year. Isn’t that strange since she really enjoys it once she gets on the field? I got a few pictures of her in action.
Check out the tongue action on this goal
I made the kids chicken nuggets and quesadillas for lunch today (I know, highly nutritious, but they had some grapes too). When they were done cooking Abigail called out, “nuggets for sale.” So I went along with it and told the girls they had to pay for the chicken nuggets. Quesadillas were free. Carly already had a penny downstairs so she bought one right away. Then she ran upstairs and got two more pennies. One for her and one for Abigail. I thought it was sweet that Carly bought Abigail lunch. Abigail commented that they normally don’t have to pay. I explained that I’m on overtime this week.
Jason was SO HAPPY this morning. Maybe it’s cause he got to spend a little time with his Dad. He enjoyed the YMCA, shopping at Sam’s, and was so much fun even after we got home. Before we knew it, it was after 2pm and I decided I needed to put the boy down for a nap anyhow.
Tonight while Jason took a bath, I told the girls if they got the two loads of laundry folded/hung and put away then they would earn dessert. When they accomplished that, I then gave them the opportunity to choose ANY dessert they wanted if they emptied the dishwasher. Man, did those girls move. Their dessert of choice: ice-cream bars. As I was handed them their yummy treat Abigail asked, “do we have to pay?” ha, ha
As I was straightening up our room today I noticed a note Abigail left on your pillow. Since it will be dark when you come home tonight and still dark when you leave in the morning (whether for work or church meetings), I thought I’d post it for you now.

Only 5 days (4 really BUSY) until you get some well-deserved time off! Hang in there!
2 comments:
Poor Justin...and Poor Holly! I am so glad I didn't have kids when I had to work hours like that...no fun for anyone! Hopefully his bosses will appreciate how hard he works and give him a biiig raise/bonus.
I just got updated on your blog and you guys have had a crazy last few months. You guys deserve a wonderful family vacation!
Post a Comment