Friday, January 30, 2009

18 Months Old!

Jason is officially a year and a half old and today was his appointment with his pediatrician. Here are his stats:

Height: 34.5 inches (95 percentile)
Weight: 27 lbs. 12 oz. (75 percentile)
Head: remains consistently off the charts (smart little dude!)

"Hello"

Overall Jason is doing well. Because he has a small cold, over the past few days his asthma has been acting up. Trying to use a get medication into our strong little guy with an inhaler has been difficult. Even Abigail has a difficult time breathing correctly with the inhaler, so at the doctor’s recommendation we came home with a nebulizer for them to try instead. Neither Abigail or Jason has serious asthma, but when they get even the slightest cold they get wheezy. I think the Dr. is right - with two asthmatic kids having a nebulizer at home is a really is a smart idea. Better safe than sorry.

Of course we also talked about the fact that Jason still isn’t speaking. Although he totally understands and follows directions. The doctor re-recommended getting his speech evaluated (not sure how they do that seeing as how the boy has no speech to evaluate).

Jason’s most recent accomplishment is climbing onto the kitchen chairs. Yes, he is a little slow, but it’s been nice up to this point knowing he can’t reach anything on the table. Notice his pants are wet, he got a hold of a cup of water.

Thanks to the girls for teaching Jason how to “cheese” – This is what I get when I take out the camera now… still cute though.

2 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Ahhh...... so Mitchell doesn't talk either. He says Mom and Dad and occasionally Dog but that's it. The rest of it is grunting and hand gestures (he doesn't really point either) and if it gets bad enough, he whines. But no words. I have a feeling my doctor will recommend something for Mitch's speech soon, too, but I agree with you- how can you evaluate speech when they have none? At least Jason is walking...... there's hope for him if he is at least doing ONE milestone on time! And hooray for big heads! Mitch and Jason are going to be great friends- they can sit around and grunt and point together with their big heads (and hopefully Jason can show Mitchell what walking is all about)..... :)

Chrystie said...

What a cute little guy...I am sure he will figure out the talking thing. I love the picture of him tallking to the phone!

Post a Comment