My little girl celebrated her fifth birthday yesterday. In a way it seems hard to believe that five years have already passed by since Carly joined our family. She was by far my smallest baby, weighing only 7 lbs, 2.5 oz at birth and getting as small as 6 lbs, 5 oz. (Abigail and Jason were both 9 lb-ers… BIG difference!) To me she was so tiny and fragile. Her little arms and legs looked like there was just skin needing to be filled.

Carly was the most jaundice of my babies and needed phototherapy treatment for nearly 48 hours. It was heartbreaking to only get to hold my new baby when she needed to be fed. Thankfully she didn’t seem to mind her nice warm bed one bit.

Carly started sleeping through the night before she was three months old. She’d occasionally wake up around 5 or 6 to eat, but always went right back to sleep. I’ve been SO blessed with such great sleepers!
People often say that Carly most resembles me, although I don’t really see it (she is getting freckles like her mom though). I think she’s adorable! Just look at those big beautiful eyes!
First ponytails - 14 months old
Halloween - 20 months old
The older Carly gets the more I see (and hear) myself through her. Her Carlyisms remind me of my Dad and how he often referred to my comments as Hollyisms. Carly started talking well at a very young age. She is full of inquisitive questions, many of which we can’t even answer. She definitely keeps us entertained with her spunky personality.
"Flying" on the Beach - 2 years oldI’ve also recently noticed that Carly will talk to me while she watches herself in the mirror… did I do that too? I think I remember denying it, but my parent’s dresser mirror was positioned just so…
As lastly, we’ve noticed she has become my strongest supporter. She tries to keep her Dad in line and make sure he’s doing what he’s been asked to do. There are times she’ll say something with just the exact tone and mannerisms as me… isn’t that scary. Two nagging wives!
Our birthday gift to Carly was going to the Great Wolf Lodge earlier in the week (see post below). To celebrate her actual birthday we had Justin’s family over for cake and ice-cream. I thought it was cute that before they got here she commented that she doesn’t need anything new and that she is “spoiled” by her grandparents.
Carly got to pick out how she wanted her cake decorated. She didn't want it to say Happy Birthday, but she did want her name and a heart on top.Carly said our family prayer last night and thanked Heavenly Father for her great birthday. She was so excited to take cupcakes to her pre-school today and wear a new outfit from her Grandma Fletcher. (and Mom, she dove into the ice-breakers immediately)
Happy Birthday Carly! We are so grateful to have you in our family!!



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Carly! She is so beautiful, and great job on the cake!!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun on your mini-vacation, I need one of those, too.
Sounds like a fun birthday. Love the cake Holly.
Happy Happy Birthday Carly! We love you!
Happy Birthday Carly! Darling post Holly.
Post a Comment