Friday, June 19, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

Yesterday marked the 29th consecutive day that Seattle has not received any precipitation, tying the record for the driest May-June ever. It’s been an absolutely beautiful spring… ironically until today when school lets out for the summer and we had plans to spend the afternoon playing in the sunshine.

Today was the last day of school (if you can call 2 hours of school an actual day… which, according to our school district you can). We spent the morning at the end of year assembly where Abigail was recognized with an academic honors award. I received a letter from the principal earlier in the week notifying me she would be recognized in the assembly, but I didn’t know what the award would be. Apparently each teacher is allowed to choose two students from their class to present honors to. We are so proud of Abigail and all her hard work. Abigail was born with a desire to learn and she is always striving to be better. I couldn’t be happier with her achievements. Her teacher wrote a note which I’m hesitant to share for fear of being “one of those Moms”, however since I already shared Carly’s sweet note from her pre-school teacher I feel like I shouldn’t leave out Abigail’s note.

“I have really enjoyed having Abby in my class this year. She is extremely smart, caring, and has a sweet personality. She has continued to make tremendous social and academic gains this trimester due to her good working habits and determination to be successful. She has become an amazing reader, writer, and mathematician. Way to go! Abby is always pushing herself to a higher level. She is a special person and should experience lots of success in the second grade. Her teacher is going to be so lucky to have her next year. Thank you for sharing her with me!"

Abigail and her awesome teacher

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Abigail!! You are a
super reader & student!! Any teacher will be happy to have you as a student! I love & miss you.
Love, Grandma Kilgore

Anonymous said...

Thanks for publishing your family
achievements. I love reading them.
Mom

Chrystie said...

I think we must have your rain...it has rained practically every day for the last 3 weeks. You can have it back.

Congrats Abigail!!

Camille said...

Way to go Abigail!.. I'm still thrown off that at school she is "Abby".

Post a Comment