Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Victoria, BC

As a result of the I-5 adventure my Mom and I experienced last summer, I was issued a credit on the Clipper ferry. Justin and I decided we would take advantage of the opportunity and go to Canada for an overnighter on Monday. We stayed at a great hotel right in the harbor near the famous Empress Hotel.



Legislative building (by day)


(and by night)


A huge portion of any outing for us is the food. We decided we wouldn’t eat anywhere we’ve been to before and found some amazing restaurants. Our favorite was The Tapa Bar where we both tried a cubanette… seriously, one of the best meals I’ve had. Unique and incredibly flavorful.

When we started planning our little trip and I found out Victoria had a zipline course I knew I wanted to try it. The idea of soaring through the air sounded wonderful to me even though I am somewhat scared of heights. It was awesome! Definitely a little unnerving to step off the edge of the platform. And feeling the tree you’re standing on (150 feet in the air) swaying in the wind was slightly worrisome, but sooo worth it!

We went on eight different ziplines. Here’s Justin on the longest zipline at 1000 feet and the highest at 150 feet off the ground.


To make the following zipline a little more exciting (it wasn’t very high or fast) we were given the challenge to make two 360’s before reaching the other end. Much harder to do than you would think.

After a fabulous and very filling breakfast at the Blue Fox Café we headed over to the Butchart Gardens.

This is my favorite view – the Sunken Garden… very Garden of Edenish. Justin and I enjoyed listening to the ooh’s and aah’s of people as they walked onto the overlook.



The Rose Garden was in full-bloom



Even the trash cans were lovely


Thanks for watching the kids Grandma Fletcher, they had a great time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great outing!!
Love, Mom

Shana said...

Hey, I have been to Butchart gardens before and it is the most beautiful place. Flying into Seatle to go to Canada was the most beautiful plane ride I have ever had!

Post a Comment