Sunday, September 6, 2009

This & That

RISE and SHOUT!

First I must give a shout out to our alma mater – the BYU Cougars for an exciting game yesterday. They beat out the #3 ranked team, Oklahoma 14-13 at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. I think this is the first game I’ve watched in it’s entirety since we attended the unforgettable game against University of Washington last September. Now that I’m finally understanding football I think I will be watching more games this season.


Chip Chop

We’ve all gotten our hair cut this past week. Abigail wanted her hair long this summer, but she was more than ready for me to cut it off for the start of school.

Carly was also overdo for some reshaping.


End of the summer party

Our ward organized a playgroup every week this summer. Unfortunately, I think we were only able to attend one activity way back in June. The kids were excited to be able to go to the last activity this week. There were lots of games to play and yummy treats for all.

In this game each of the kids had a partner that they had to race to get into a requested position. This is the “bunk bed” position. Abigail is in the middle (bottom bunk) and Carly is on the right (top bunk).



Both of the girls were one of the last teams left. When it was down to the final two teams it was a photo finish, Abigail couldn’t hoist her teammate up on her back quick enough for “monkey in a tree.”

To get ready for another game the kids had to line up according to age. I thought it was funny how tall Abigail looks against her peers.


One more fun picture of Abigail as she races to keep the tennis ball balanced between her feet while jumping down the course.

I can’t believe summer is already over and the kids will be starting school this week!

2 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Hey- where's the pictures of YOUR before and after haircut?? :) You all look great. I need a hair cut myself, badly!

Chrystie said...

I was wondering where your before and after haircut pictures are too! You said "we all got haircuts" so that must mean you got yours cut too? Anything drastic? Pictures, please.

Post a Comment