For weeks I’ve been dreading the start of school. Summer seemed to fly by too quickly and I felt like we didn’t do as many fun things as I would have hoped. But from the energy level the kids had earlier this week I was quickly warming up to the idea of getting back into a routine.
On Tuesday night the kids were running around the house with their faces pressed together saying “cheese”… of course that’s just screaming for a picture.
On Tuesday night the kids were running around the house with their faces pressed together saying “cheese”… of course that’s just screaming for a picture.
Abigail started second grade on Wednesday.
Here she is ready to walk to school with her walking buddies – Carly gets to join them on the walk home from school.
Carly’s first day of kindergarten was on Thursday.
She gets to ride the bus to school which is really exciting. The other parents at our bus stop were very emotional. I was doing quite well until I saw Jason’s little face as he waved goodbye to his big sister, then I’ll admit I did get choked up a bit.
At Carly’s request we met the bus at school to make sure Carly knew where to go once she got off the bus. With all those kids lined up against the wall I couldn’t imagine how overwhelming it would be to teach that many five year olds. Thankfully, Carly has the same teacher Abigail had in kindergarten and since I helped in the classroom on a regular basis her teacher already knows our family.
There she is #20 of too many (I heard there were 30 kids on the class list!)
There goes my baby girl!

The first thing she said to me after school was that she thinks she was the quietest one in class. At first I laughed, but after I thought about it I asked her if she would talk to her teacher if her teacher asked her a question… she told me she would.
The first thing she said to me after school was that she thinks she was the quietest one in class. At first I laughed, but after I thought about it I asked her if she would talk to her teacher if her teacher asked her a question… she told me she would.
3 comments:
The girls look excited and ready for school. Cute cuts. Isn't it great to have two in school!
I was really dreading it, too. But now I'm glad to be back in the swing of things.
It's always a bit sad to watch them walk away, especially in kindergarten!
I bet it is nice to have some one-on-one time with Jason, but it is probably hard for the little guy to miss his sisters. I know Dax misses Arden terribly every time she goes to preschool. He wanders around the house yelling "AHH-DIN? AHH-DIN?" So sad.
Post a Comment