Friday, December 18, 2009

Resemblance

Have you ever been told you looked like someone famous? Until recently I hadn’t, then a few weeks ago someone told me that I looked just like the actress from the movie Casper – she prefaced that by saying I “must get that all the time.” When I didn’t know who she was talking about she explained that Casper was a popular movie when she was a kid (I don’t think she realized there’s nearly a decade age difference between us). Anyhow, she told me the actress was “beautiful” so I took it as a compliment.

While the following my seem completely unrelated, stay with me…

Over the several months I’ve been playing around with the idea of cutting bangs. Due to a larger than average forehead, I’ve had bangs most of my life. In fact I’ve had bangs that have warranted the nickname “poodle bangs”. While that nickname sounds cruel now, I don’t think it was meant badly… big bangs were the style.


Me and a side shot of my “poodle bangs” - 7th Grade Recognition Night

I’ve been bangless now for about five years and I love having less hair to style and maintain. However, as my face (along with the rest of my body) is getting rounder and rounder these days I thought cutting bangs just might be the trick I needed.

So back to Casper… several days after I learned I had a famous face I remembered that conversation and out of curiosity googled “actress Casper movie” – and wouldn’t you know it… one of the very first results read, “What is the actresses name from Casper with the big forehead?” Seriously! I took it as a sign and made the big move yesterday.

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

HAAAAA! Love those poodle bangs! The bangs you have now are cute too, but maybe you should have considered trying to bring the poodle bangs back!

Jenn said...

Cute Hollie. I tried soft bangs a few years ago. Mike didn't like them on me. I think they look great on you!

Camille said...

I LOVE it! I had big bangs back in the day too. :)

Post a Comment