I am a list maker. I have a Wal-Mart list, a grocery list, a Sam's club list, my personal to-do list, and of course a honey-do list. As a list maker, I like to cross items off my lists; it proves that something was accomplished. Unfortunately there are items on my list that never get crossed off - for example yard work... is there ever such a thing as a yard that isn’t in need of some sort of care?
Our yard has been neglected since last summer. First trimester nausea/exhaustion last fall kept me from cleaning up the yard before winter set in, then winter was.... well, winter, then I was enormously pregnant and my body would not have tolerated me hunching over and pulling weeds for hours.
Yesterday we finally got outside. The girls were excited that we had an excuse to bundle Katie up in a little snowsuit they’ve seen hanging in her closet.
Our yard has been neglected since last summer. First trimester nausea/exhaustion last fall kept me from cleaning up the yard before winter set in, then winter was.... well, winter, then I was enormously pregnant and my body would not have tolerated me hunching over and pulling weeds for hours.
Yesterday we finally got outside. The girls were excited that we had an excuse to bundle Katie up in a little snowsuit they’ve seen hanging in her closet.
While Justin worked on cleaning up the garden and planting some vegetables for our summer harvest I started the daunting task of weeding. Oh, how I wish I was one of those people that love gardening, but unfortunately I'm just someone who wants a fabulous yard without all the work. I estimate I may have gotten 2% of the weeding done before it was time once again to feed my little girl.
While thinning out the strawberries Justin found a little something he knew the kids would LOVE.

Jason’s first time holding a frog
While thinning out the strawberries Justin found a little something he knew the kids would LOVE.
waiting for Justin to reveal his surprise
No comments:
Post a Comment