Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week Two

Well, the biggest change this week is that I’m on my own. My Mom has gone home and now it’s up to me to get the kids off to school, do the dishes, prepare meals, wash laundry, etc… She was a HUGE help and we all really enjoyed having her visit, but it went by way too fast.

Grandma’s got the touch – Katie’s out cold

Katie is eating better. On Saturday we retested her bilirubin level and it went down from 17.2 to 14.5 so thankfully that is no longer a concern. Hopefully by the end of the week the “process” of feeding Katie will no longer take an hour.

Katie continues to sleep a lot and I still have to wake her up to eat most of the time. Hopefully she’ll still want to sleep all night when I can actually let her. She’s starting to have more awake time though. I read in a magazine this past week that most babies cry between 2-3 hours a day. Thankfully, we’ve never had a baby that has cried that much. I can’t think of a time since we brought Katie home from the hospital that she has cried for more than 2-3 minutes. Hopefully that’s not just the jaundice and she truly does have a content and happy nature. She’s such a sweet baby.




Carly has been looking forward to giving Katie a bath since before she was born. I think her excitement is partially due to this picture she loves of her giving Jason a bath.


A few days ago Katie’s umbilical cord fell off so we were able to get out the baby tub and give her a good soaking.

For a nine pound baby she sure does look scrawny, but maybe that has something to do with seeing Jason in the same tub at 6 months old.


Yesterday was Katie’s first day walking Carly to the bus stop for Kindergarten. We’ve had a Baby Bjorn for several years, but I’ve never really used it much with the other kids. Katie really enjoyed it and I love feeling her snuggled up with me.

Doesn’t she look so small? Yet the fact that she was crammed into my belly just a few weeks ago blows my mind.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

She's adorable Holly. I love that baby heaven newborn phase. Glad you had your mom out. I'm sure you'll do awesome afterall, you do have Abigail who is practically running the show over there. ;) Let's chat soon. I'll give you a call.

Chrystie said...

So cute, but you are right, she looks really scrawny compared to 6-month old Jason. You are lucky to have such good helpers. How is Jason holding up? Hopefully she stays laid back, but either way you have to enjoy the sleepy baby phase while you have it!!! Preston always made fun of me for holding the kids while they slept as newborns, but for those first couple of weeks, its seems like they are ALWAYS ASLEEP. Then before you know it they are refusing to take naps at all.

Post a Comment