Friday, August 20, 2010

4 Months Old

Wow! It feels like I just posted Katie's 3-month post. I know everyone says this, but the past month has flown by.

Katie has grown and changed so much this past month.

Here are her stats from her appointment earlier this week:

Weight: 15 lbs. 12.4 oz (90th percentile)

Height: 25.5 inches (90th percentile)

Like her mother, Katie has lost a lot of her hair this month. The longest is still around the base of her neck, but the top is getting down to just a fuzz. It has also lightened up a lot.

Has started "talking" - she has found her voice and likes to use it.

Is beginning to grasp onto things

Puts her hands in her mouth a lot

Slobbers

Still prefers mommy over daddy (or anyone else). Although on Tuesday we had dentist appointments and Katie was very fussy (she had gotten shots earlier and was also very tired). I could not console her and she had zero interest in eating. Our dentist’s wife is the receptionist and she kindly offered to take her. Katie immediately stopped crying and cuddled up against this complete stranger. Yes, I felt a little inept, but I was more grateful for her help (as I'm sure everyone else in the office was as well).

No longer nuzzles (why is it that all of my kids have stopped being cuddlers so early on?) Oh, unless you're a stranger cause apparently she had no problem snuggling with strangers (see above)

Check out what I found on Craigs list this week for $5

Still likes being wrapped up at night

Doesn't get enough tummy time so I think we're pretty far from any rolling action

Enjoys being outside and taking walks

Does fantastic in the car which has made traveling these last two weekends a breeze

Nicknames include: Babe or Baby, Sista Sue, Katie Bug, and Sweetie

Katie is such a sweet baby and we just love her to pieces!

2 comments:

the Holyoaks said...

She is so cute! I love her little fuzzy head (I'm partial to bald babies most of the time).

Jenn said...

She is a doll Holly! Can't wait to meet her!

Post a Comment