I was torn this year about what Easter Egg Hunt we should attend. We LOVE the hunt in our old neighborhood and since we still own a home there we have claim to attend – besides it would be fun to be among friends. But with gas prices so high (and much to do at home) we just couldn’t justify the drive down. Instead we opted to attend the Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the city of Snoqualmie. With Mount Si in the background the setting was gorgeous, the fields were green and spacious, and the eggs were aplenty.
Never before have my kids scored as many eggs as they did this year. I was pumped when I saw all the full baskets.
Since Abigail and Jason both have food allergies this would usually mean more chocolate goodness for me. But my excitement was short lived. Instead of the mini chocolate bars we have found in our Easter eggs in years past these eggs were filled with the cheapest, least-desirable candies I could imagine. Below even the tootsie rolls and sweettarts level.
I’m still smiling here cause we hadn’t opened any eggs yet
As it turns out, I’m the only one who felt slightly jipped - the kids had a blast and I’m sure we’ll make our way back next year.
2 comments:
Holy smokes! I'd say that's a lot of eggs! But what a pity that there wasn't anything good to be found inside. I can feel your disappointment. Glad the kids were happy though- that is still SOMEWHAT important, right? :)
If it makes you feel any better, although our egg hunt has fantastic candy, my kids only each got like 4-5 eggs so there wasn't much good stuff to go around anyway. But even one good candy is better than 100 yucky ones.
Looks beautiful! Sorry the candy was no good. We also got pretty crappy candy at our park egg hunt...Tootsie Rolls, taffy, etc. i will still eat it though :-)
Post a Comment