With all the events of the weekend (see below) the kids spent a lot of time with sitters. I think I was away from the kids 9 hours on Friday, over 12 hours on Saturday, and close to 4 on Sunday. Sunday evening I could tell Katie just wasn’t feeling well. Thankfully it’s just a little cold and she wasn’t sick when we had babysitters.
Usually the plus sides of having a sick baby is that I have an excuse to stay home all day and that the sick child sleeps more than usual and wants to cuddle more. I’ve never had a cuddly baby so I enjoy it when I can. Of course when my kids were teeny tiny and couldn’t move for themselves I got plenty of snuggle time, but never beyond that newborn stage. So when Katie woke up early this morning still not feeling well I tried to bring her into bed with me with the hopes we could get a bit more rest before starting the day, but I’m afraid we’re already far past that stage. Oh how I miss those days when I had a little baby snuggled beside me sound asleep.
Katie resting with me at 2 months old – pure joy!
I gotta say it… I can’t believe Katie is already a year old. Here’s a slideshow of her monthly shots; unfortunately, amist the chaos of moving I missed her 11th month.
Monday Katie had her one year check-up (sick AND four needles... poor girl!). Here are her stats:
Height: 30.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 21 pounds, 12.8 ounces (about 60th percentile)



No comments:
Post a Comment