We’ve finally seen some sun around here which is wonderful. There is one drawback though… around 6am the sun is shining right in my slumbering face. Needless to say the kids are up early. This morning we had a full two hours before the girls needed to leave for school. Time to get serious about getting some window coverings.
Katie’s current window treatments – a broken down packing box and an old vacuum box from Grandma Fletcher
We have a bunch of little birds constantly flying around our house. I think they are pretty cool and I love to hear them chirping away – it makes it almost believable that it may be spring. Problem is they don’t seem to rest. It can be 11pm and I can still hear them chirping. They are so loud we thought they must have a nest someplace on our property, but we don’t have any trees large enough. Last night Carly came downstairs nearly an hour after she’d gone to bed and asked about the birds making so much noise.
Katie is walking more and more – like across an entire room. And she’s moving quickly. Does that make her a toddler? I’m in denial that I’m in denial.
Last weekend was the annual Lakeland Hills garage sale. As Justin helped me load the van the night before he asked me if I really thought it was worth it since I didn’t really have much to sell – mostly just a bunch of old kids clothes. He asked me how much I was hoping to make to make it worth my time. I told him if I came home with $100 I’d be happy. This was the first year I’ve sold on a Friday and I’m so glad I did. By the time I called it quits on Friday I’d already pocketed over $150. Combined with the sells from Saturday it was over $250. I’d call that a successful weekend especially considering I didn’t have any big ticket items.
Again, I totally slacked taking pictures, but I took the picture above off my SIL’s blog. She comes down every year with a bunch of her friends to shop, shop, shop. With hundreds of homes selling stuff you can find just about anything. It really is an insane weekend.
Justin took Jason camping on Friday night while the girls and I crashed at our old house. Definitely a little strange to be camping out in an empty house, but it made it easy to wake up and already be there for the garage sale.
The girls started piano lessons this month. The teacher offers a little discount if you have more than one child taking lessons so we decided to start Carly. She was so excited and is doing great. Immediately after her first lesson she broke down in tears because she didn’t know how to play the songs she was given to practice. I had to explain to her that she wasn’t expected to know them right away and that she has a week to practice them before her next lesson. My girls place so much pressure on themselves!
The girls’ piano teacher brought her bird over last week. Abigail let the bird sit on her shoulder while she read a book during Carly’s entire lesson. Carly wasn’t near as tolerant. Once the bird started nibbling on her hair and face Carly was done.
Jason has started speech therapy in our new district and I was hoping we could somehow get him into pre-school through the district next year. Unfortunately (Fortunately) he is doing so awesome that there is no way he would qualify in fact we aren’t even sure he’ll need any speech help next fall. He has made HUGE improvements this past year, but now I need to figure out if we’ll look (and pay) for a pre-school on our own.
We’ve been in our ward for almost 2 months now and still don’t have callings – word has it though that our new bishop called our old bishop to get the scoop on us. I’m hoping our old bishop and friend explained that I don’t like to speak, teach, plan anything creative or cutesy, or take care of children. We did get cornered into speaking this next Sunday which I’m totally dreading.
To say we’ve been in our new house for almost 2 months is SHOCKING - really, that sounds so long and it doesn’t feel possible.
I was spotlighted in the RS Newsletter this month at church. They gave me a series of questions to answer, do you think it gives an accurate representation of me?
2 comments:
Your spotlight answers fit you perfectly- it shows your honesty and your awesome sense of humor. Most people would probably answer sweetly and stretch the truth a bit to come off as a perfect person that has every talent imaginable and loves everything and everyone. You are honest and hilarious. I’m just surprised you didn’t put in the “current calling” spot all of the things you had mentioned above that you DON’T want to do. Not that RS has the final say in your calling, but hey, you aren’t the kind of person that likes to leave those kinds of things to chance! I especially love your “Hidden Talents” response. Except you ARE musically talented- you sing fantastically. My response to that question would have been the exact same, I’m afraid, minus the spreadsheet bit.
Your new ward is lucky to have you- and it HAS felt like 2 months, at least for me, that you’ve been gone. It was good to see you last weekend at your “Vacation Home" in Auburn.
That huge garage sale sounds awesome! I would love to go to that sometime. I'm with you on the sun. Audrey has started getting up on some days before 6:00. Not good. And if I didn't know you and read your spotlight at church I'd want to be friends with you. You can teach me how to do a spreadsheet. I never could figure those blasted things out.
Post a Comment