After I got dressed this morning I came downstairs where Abigail and Carly were already up and playing our recent game of choice - Phase 10 Twist. The first thing Carly said to me was, “Why are you so dressed up today?”
I had to laugh. I am one of the most casual people I know. Comfort is key and I’m not above wearing loungewear to the grocery store, but for her to think that this ensemble was “dressed up” was quite funny, yet sadly somewhat understandable.
This afternoon Justin and I had an appointment in Bellevue to sign some paperwork for refinancing our home (yes, we’ve only been in the home a few months, but the lower interest rates basically paid us to refinance).
On our way to the appointment, Justin commented on our casual attire. Justin was wearing jean shorts and an old button up shirt (untucked of course). We both laughed as I told him that I’d received a dramatically different opinion of my outfit earlier that day. The gentleman we coordinated the loan through was dressed superbly. Tailored dark suit, pressed, immaculate hygiene… so impressive that we both took notice of his professional and polished appearance.
So I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to say we were utterly embarrassed and will do better to dress to impress, but I’m afraid that’s just not the case. Thankfully, the most important people in my life are still pretty easy to impress.
No comments:
Post a Comment