Monday, August 8, 2011

SOLD!

I’m such an methodical person that I have a hard time posting out of order, but this news is far too exciting to delay… We are the proud owners of not TWO, but ONE home! We accepted an offer almost 6 weeks ago from a family relocated to Seattle from Kentucky and officially closed this afternoon. This past year has been quite the ride - deciding to move, watching our new home be built from the ground up, and selling the home we lived in for 10 years in a less than ideal real estate market. Add to that that just days before we closed on our new home we get the news that Justin’s employer will likely be bought out in the next year. We’ve had every reason to be stressed out – let’s face it that’s a lot going on, especially for a couple as logical, cost conscious, and controlling as us, but surprisingly it’s been one of our best years. Faith, patience, and calmness are not natural characteristics of mine so I know that the peace I have felt through this process have come from our Heavenly Father and in knowing that this move was the right thing for our family at this time. There have been far too many experiences along the way to deny that. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had my moments, but thanks to supportive friends, family, and my therapist we’ve endured it well.

I stopped by the house early this morning to pick up the last of our things and was surprised to find they had already delivered the buyers POD in our driveway – a reassuring indication that they were ready and eager to close as soon as possible.

We took this picture of the kids a few days after we got the offer – all four of them were born while we lived in this house.

Lots of memories here. Last night Justin asked me if I was sad to sell it and without hesitation I answered no; it wasn’t until I walked through the empty house this morning for the last time that I felt a little emotional, especially as I looked at the kids rooms. It’s hard to imagine someone else’s kids sleeping in those rooms.

Today is a happy day though… it’s hard to describe, but it kind of feels like today makes our move official.

** I actually don’t have a therapist per say – just a friend that frequently listens to me ramble about my woes and tells me that I’m awesome. I probably should be paying her.

8 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Hooray!! I've been waiting for this very news for months!! I'm probably not as excited as you are, but pretty darn close, I'd have to say. Glad the stress of this is over and that you can now just be one house homeowners. Go celebrate- I am definitely having a treat in your honor!

And I'm sure your therapist wants no pay, but loves chit chatting with you whenever she can. Very theraputic for her, too. Congrats on the sell- I'll be sad to drive by it now knowing you no longer own it but so glad that chapter is over!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your post! I'm proud of the way you have handled the stresses! Love, Mom

Brenda said...

Congrats! Must feel good to have things finally closed!

Bri said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! I know you've been looking forward to this day for awhile, so I'm glad it's here and everything worked out!

Chrystie said...

Hooray! I am sure that is a big weight lifted off of your shoulders. Congratulations! Glad you have a therapist to tell you that you are awesome (cuz you are), especially a free one!

the Holyoaks said...

Congratulations on selling the old house! That must be a weight lifted. I'm so glad everything has worked out.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! That has to be such a relief. I am happy for you guys!

Tara said...

What a relief! Glad that it's all worked out.

Post a Comment