Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tulips

When we moved to Snoqualmie I was disappointed when I found out that there isn’t a spring soccer season offered through the local recreation program; however, without games to attend every weekend (and not to mention practices on several weeknights) we are free to spend our family time exploring the beautiful area we live in.  Once again this past Saturday was awesome!  We were planning to spend the day hiking around Mt. Rainier (free admission to all national parks last weekend), but Jason had just gotten his cast removed Friday afternoon and we weren’t so sure hiking would be the best idea.  Instead we decided to venture to up north to the Tulip Festival (and beyond).  We left as soon as the kids woke up so we could beat the crowds and after all our travels, we didn’t get home til way past bedtime.

It was fun to have Grandpa Fletcher join us on our excursion – he took this picture of our family, not too shabby, huh?

Even though it wasn’t raining on Saturday the fields still had a few muddy areas.  We brought along the stroller for Jason to sit in since he’s suppose to wear a boot for at least a week to help him transition from his cast (though for some reason Katie is getting a ride here and I was carrying Jason around the muddy mess.)  Anyhow… it made for some interesting maneuvering. 

We liked walking on the areas where the mud had dried on the surface, but underneath was still soggy.

Usually Katie is my child who always wants to get her picture taken, but she was too busy checking everything out to stay still.  Abigail and Carly were unusually cooperative.



I LOVE this picture!  Justin snuck in and grabbed Abigail while I was taking her picture.


Then he scooped her up in his arms.


After the tulips we decided to visit Deception Pass and Whidbey Island, but that’s another hundred+ pictures to sort through…

1 comment:

Ben and Carrie said...

Gorgeous pictures! I do love the pictures of Justin and Abigail, but I would have to say my favorite is the picture of Justin with Jason. I love the sweet little (big) smile on Jason's face and the way their faces are pressed together. I've always wanted to go to see the Tulips and have let ANOTHER year pass away without going...

Post a Comment