Friday, April 27, 2012

Sunshine in Seattle

We have enjoyed beautiful weekend weather this month.   I love that it finally feels (and looks) like spring around here.  I follow a few discount blogs and found out that in celebration of the Space Needle’s 50th anniversary admission to the top of the Space Needle would only be $1 last Saturday – the same admission rate when it opened half a century ago.  We can’t pass up a deal like that, especially considering regular admission is nearly $20 now days.  We got there around 9:30am and only had to wait in line about 15 minutes to get tickets.  


Admission also included a free group shot:


It was a beautiful clear day with awesome views of the Seattle skyline and beyond.




A gal saw me taking the above picture and offered to get one of all of us.  Not too bad except you can’t see anything beside us.


We spent some time walking around all the booths and events around Seattle Center afterward – we tried our luck spinning the wheel at a few radio stations – Justin and I scoring chips and a candy bar.  Justin and the girls walked down to the International Fountain where Justin attempted to soak his eldest.  Turns out she’s getting a bit too big to be bullied by her Dad and stood her ground.



As we were walking back to the van we noticed the line for tickets was crazy long – possibly even a hour+ wait.  So glad we got there early. 


I’d also read that Seward Park in Seattle was celebrating their 4th birthday on Saturday with free cupcakes.  Since we were in the area we decided to swing by.

The kids had fun decorating (and eating) their cupcakes



The park itself was beautiful – right on the lake with a view of Mt. Rainer in the distance.  The trees were in full bloom – so pretty!


The kids had lots of fun playing at the playground.  Katie loved the swing and giggled and squealed with excitement nearly the whole time.


The girls spent most of the time at the zipline/pulley thingy.


I love discovering new places and spending time with my family.  And of course we love saving money!  We had a great day!

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

You are so frugal :-) Preston still talks about the clam chowder at the Space Needle restaurant. Have you guys ever eaten there?

Ben and Carrie said...

That is such a great deal for the Space Needle. We heard about it a little too late in the day and didn't want to stand in line for hours. Glad you beat the rush and got to cash in on the great deal- I wouldn't expect any less from the Fletcher's. :) And what a gorgeous day to enjoy it, too!

Holly said...

No Chrystie, we still haven't eaten at the Space Needle. I told Justin when we moved here (ELEVEN years ago) that he needed to take me there for an anniversary or birthday - I'm still waiting. To bad they don't have coupons :)

Post a Comment