Monday, March 25, 2013

Few Firsts

Last week Jason lost his first tooth.  Both of the girls started losing teeth in preschool so Jason held onto his a little bit longer.  Again, I hate that we keep reaching these stages where these kids of mine become older.   I’m so dreading the day his front baby teeth come out and those great big adult teeth take over.  For now he still has his cute little boy smile with a just a tiny little gap.

The tooth fairy redeemed him/herself a little and actually showed up the very night I pulled Jason’s tooth out.  Jason was super excited to get a dollar in exchange for his tooth.

Jason was sick all last week and I finally took him in on Thursday and found out he had an ear infection.  Our very first officially diagnosed ear infection.  Strange that none of my kids had them as babies, yet my five year old got one.   He spent most of the week conked out in the family room.  

the bucket was just a precautionary measure

Wiped out after his appointment with the doctor

Thankfully, he’s back at school today and is feeling like his usual healthy self.

Jason must have also had some sort of cold too cause the coughing he had all last week has now been passed down to Miss Katie.  Unfortunately, Katie doesn’t sleep so well when she’s hacking all night long so that means I don’t sleep very well either.  I think Justin and I got up 4-5 times last night, just to simply walk into her room, tuck her back in and offer a few words of comfort. 

Jason also started baseball on Saturday.  I should have taken a picture of him as Justin and Jason were walking out the door on Saturday to meet Jason’s team.  Jason looked so cute wearing his baseball cap, soccer cleats, and Abigail’s old t-ball pants.  Our only experience with baseball was when Abigail was 5 years old and we signed her up for t-ball.  She liked it, but the practices and games were so boring to watch that we never did anything with it again… until now.  Hopefully, by skipping the whole t-ball stage and jumping right into baseball it will be more interesting for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment