I’m dragging today.
My to-do list is crazy long.
When I check one thing off the list, I add three more. The blog has been neglected. At some point I will catch up but today
my mind is more suited for random.
So…
Our mid-winter break was two weeks ago. It seems I usually use mid-winter break
to get a little more organized around the house, but that wasn’t the case this
year… maybe spring break will be more productive in that sense. We fit in a few doctor appts as well as
a little fun with friends. One
afternoon we met up with some Auburn friends to watch Wreck-It Ralph at the
dollar theatre. Before the movie
we had ice cream at Sub Zero where they make your ice-cream treat right in
front of you using liquid nitrogen – pretty cool and very yummy.
Yesterday I had to get a shot to prevent whooping cough,
tetanus, and a slew of other harmful diseases all bundled into one massive needle
and my left arm is aching from my fingertips all the way up to my
shoulder. All night long it ached
and I hoped I’d wake up and be past it, but not the case. I’m tempted to deem my left arm
completely inoperable, but that would be a bit dramatic.
Katie joined us last month for our semi-annual dentist
appointments. This was her first
visit to the dentist and I wasn’t quite sure how she would do. All of my other kids did awesome and
even let them take x-rays on their first visit. With Katie I could honestly see it go either way. Thankfully, she also did incredible and
left with clean teeth, a big smile, and a fun prize from the prize box.
I’m guessing we all have pet peeves that influence how we
parent and the rules we establish in our homes. A few in our house are no gum chewing for our kids and
we don’t paint our fingernails.
Think what you want, but they are my rules and I feel very strongly
about them. The girls and I do
enjoy a little color on our toes every so often. Recently Katie joined us for her very first pedicure.
She was so pleased and excited to show everyone her pretty
little toes.
The Saturday before last we decided to go shopping for a
couple chairs for the girls’ room.
I wanted to create a little lounge like area with a small table between
the chairs for them to hang out in, read, whatever. By some gigantic miracle we found some inexpensive
leather chairs AND found a crazy lacquer dresser on clearance and brought it
home. I had no intention on taking
up valuable space with a dresser, but this dresser makes a statement – it’s
bright turquoise - and was way too cool to pass up. I’d post a picture, but we don’t get the chairs til late May
and wouldn’t it be much more dramatic to see the whole room put together? Maybe now we can finally pick a color
to paint their walls.
We purchased the dresser near Pikes Place and spent a few
minutes walking around. You can’t
visit Pikes Place without picking up a bouquet of flowers – except apparently
fresh flowers are hard to come by this time of the year so we came home with a
large bouquet of dried flowers instead.
I've mentioned that I’ve started putting together our 2010
Family Album. I started out
strong, but now that I’ve reached Katie’s birth and the hundreds of pictures I
took, I haven’t been making much progress. I’m starting to doubt I can get it done before the baby
arrives – who wants to be my cheerleader and get me pumped up and confident
about this undertaking? I
actually really enjoy doing it, but it is SO time consuming.
Katie has recently started to show interest in doing
people’s hair. Carly is always so
good to be Katie’s guinea pig.
Speaking of hair, a few weeks ago Carly asked me to braid
her hair and look at what I pulled off!
(Sorry, for all the crappy phone pictures)
Carly’s birthday was Monday (birthday post to come) – as I
was taking down our birthday banner yesterday the thought occurred to me to
just leave it up. With
Abigail’s birthday in January, Carly in March, Katie in April, Baby in May,
Jason in July… it seems we’ve got one birthday after another. And yes, I just might be THAT
lazy.
Things can get crazy at our house – as I’m typing Jason and
his buddy are flying across the leather ottoman in the family room at warp
speed. I’m just waiting for
someone to catipult themselves into the rock fireplace or something equally
messy. One evening last week our
entertainment consisted of wrapping up children in blankets then torturing them
by preventing their escape.
Following their Dad’s example
Looking at the pictures above I’m wondering if it’s time to
take down the snowflakes from the windows. I’m sure ready for warmer weather, but we had a little skiff
of snow just this past weekend. Are snowflakes still appropriate in March?
One last picture I just got off the camera – Katie found
some sunglasses, came into the office and said, “take picture me!” How can I resist?











1 comment:
Sometimes I like the random posts best. We don't have any stores that creat ice cream right in front of me, sounds cool (haha). Glad the dentist worked out. The first time we took Cora she REFUSED to open her mouth. The second time she was more than happy to open wide. I can never tell what that one is going to do.
Post a Comment